Drivers side power window...

JDubz50

Jul 7, 2011
Minnesota
And now I have yet ANOTHER problem with this car. The drivers side power window randomly stops working (usually when I have it down, go figure) but the passenger window works just fine. I took my panel off and used the multi meter to see if something was not getting power. The switches seemed fine so it has to be from between the motor and the wiring harness you disconnect that is attached to the door frame. Sorry if that is confusing. The motor makes no noise when you attempt to raise/lower it. I was able to raise it up by using a long wire and attaching it the to motor wiring harness and to the battery. So, if that worked, that means that the motor works fine so it must be a wiring issue right? It also decided to start working again once I got the door panel back on. Its just that this has happened a couple of times now that it stops working. I really don't want to take this into a shop but I think I might have to. Any ideas? I'm stumped.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like a bad switch or a bad power connection. For the switch an intermittent problem may be impossible to replicate, a replacement switch may be necessary. For the power I would change out the section from the switch back to where it comes in from the interior.

Yea it seemed to be somewhere between the spot you plug the switch wiring harness into the main wiring harness and the motor. Even though the motor worked fine when it was hooked up to the battery it could still be bad?

the only thing in that system is the one-touch down module. sounds like that might be your culprit since you've verified the switch and the motor. assuming its not just the bushings.