Drop Glass Windows

jfrayzier

May 20, 2005
Have any of you noticed if your window touches the top of the door frame as you open it? When you open it, it drops down like it should, but does anyone have theirs actually tap the frame as it goes by it?

I'm thinking it might not have enough time to get down below the frame before the door is opened. However, it does get all the way and when closing it is well below the bottom of the frame.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah i notice it kinda sticks when you pull it out, hopefully its normal. It opens really nice when you have the window all the way down, hardly any effort to open and close it.

Capt Dan said:
According to this thread there is a way to recalibrate it.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=512669

May help :shrug:

I did that, but it didn't help any. Even in the manual for the car, the symptoms that would require recalibration don't match the issue that I am having. That would be if the window weren't dropping at all or if it was dropping and not coming back up at all.

The window is doing what it's supposed to... just rubbing the frame as it opens.

I don't think it's normal, but I'm not too worried since I have a bumper to bumper up to 60,000 miles (6 years)... if it breaks, it will get fixed on their dime.