Dual Exhaust Question

cowboysfan31

Oct 15, 2005
Hey I'm new here. I just got my Legend Lime Green V6 back in late June and i was wondering if there are any good links to dual exhaust systems. I'm not extremely knowledgable about exhausts so I was wondering how much of a performance increase these dual exhaust systems get. I'd also like to know what they do with the existing bumper and such. Also are there any endorsed by Ford for the V6?

• Sponsors (?)

I am pretty sure that set up is not a "True Dual," and that it simply is a reverse Y pipe that hooks into you other Y pipe. I could be wrong, however. If you want to buy a prefab JBA True Dual set up, here is a link:

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05V6Exhaust.htm

It's second from the bottom, just below the set-up advertised on JBA's site. I am not sure why the True Dual kit is not on JBA's site. maybe it is something that V6 Mustang Stuff made themselves with JBA parts. There are cheaper alternatives, however, and if you take the time to peruse the links above, you can save some money (at the expense of time and effort).

I am going with the prefab JBA True Dual set up next year, as the kit shown looks like it comes with EVERYTHING! Throwing on the exhaust and headers at the same time. Giving myself till next year to make sure it is really what I want to do. If I do go dual, I am going to get some 4.0 adhesives and slap them on my little pony. I ain't ashamed of my V6!!! :D