dumb question

5.0fresh

Jun 10, 2007
well yesterday i was driving and i got on it in second and through 3rd also then let off. but when i shifted very slowly to fourth it was still at full throttle and it reved through roof like i have never herd a car before, i had to shut it off doing about 40mph and roll it till it slowly stopped i let it sit for a few mind because it has never done something like that before and when i started it again as soon as it cranked it was on full throttle. so confused? scared to start it and blow it up , help ?

• Sponsors (?)

the tb seems to be perfect, i am still nervous to start it again. anything else it could be so i can check before i fire it up and it jumped to redline, haha

check your floor mat, no joke. if it slides out of place it can curl up and sit on the accelerator pedal. it has happened to me a handful of times, once at the track

same thing happened to me, i was almost home on a long road, i stepped on it and the throttle stuck. the tach jumped to about 6800 and i killed the ignition very quickly, rolled to the end of the road, started it and it stuck again. so i walked home (about 3 mins walk) got my other car (figured i'd have to make several trips with tools) and drove down to check it out. checked the TB, and linkages and noticed it was stuck open, checked my pedal and sure enough it was stuck on the floormat

It has happened several times since then and its the same problem every time

I know some may argue the 6800 rpm but according to the tach thats where the rpm's were

it could also be your TPS. i was playing around with mine once and a i did something to it and it just revved up like never before. i mean i doubt it could be that but hey, never hurts to check.

i believe you about the 6800 because when i killed mine the tach was so far down that instead of going back the same way, it made a full circle and went from the seven to zero in a clockwise direction.

+1 on floormat. i almost did 110 into a bunch of dudes because i let out and the ****er kept pullin lol

my tach was all over the place too but after i killed the ignition and pulled the mat, i restarted it and its been fine ever since. gotta love the durability!

I have SN95 carpet with the floor mat hook.:banana:

I happened to come across some nice cheap carpet and the hook was a bonus, but the carpet doesn’t fit quite right under the backseat and the seat belt bolt holes are different. I can’t complain about black carpet for eleven bucks; seriously I didn’t know the floor mat could stick to the pedal, that sucks.