Dyno Results! h/c/i on stock bottom end

5.0hatch

Jan 24, 2003
I'm not to happy about the results. I guess its true what people say about the proof is on the track.

Anyway results were 258rwhp/275tq. Max horsepower @5850rpms. On a Mustang dyno which reads a little lower than a dynojet.

I'm not to sure about my a/f ratio since the thing wasn't working but I lowered the pressure to 36psi and picked up ~25hp at about 4k rpms and 1 peak hp. Also it seems to be peaking alot higher than I would have guessed.

I've gone 13.19@108mph on street tires weighing 3300#s, so its got the power.

Combo:
Fresh stock shortblock
60379 heads
RPM intake
TFS stage 1 w/ 1.7rr
73mm c&l
70mm tb
24lb. injectors

dyno.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

5spd GT said:
Get that thing tuned and those times will drop... :nice:

David

Well I'm not to worried about the times since I was on street tires. Next time i'm out at the track I will be running ET Streets, so 108mph will be good for mid 12s. I personally dont think the tune is that for off if any.

About the intake, I think its time to swap out to a Peformer and get rid of the RPM.

I never thought of the 1" spacer. Do you know how much difference there is in lenght from the Performer to the RPM?

Also the only cars I can compare the dyno to is a guy I know put down 202rwhp with only k&n longtubes, mac prochamber, mass air and catback. Also the day I was there they had a 2002 camaro ss with ported ls6 heads, ls6 intake, ls6 cam, longtubes and 4" exhaust. Maybe other boltons such as tb. He put down 368rwhp

Supposedly Mustang dynos have been known to read as low as 40 horses less than a dynojet counterpart...read this month's 5.0 mag and the numbers they got out of a '03 Cobra (vs a blown Mach 1)

5.0hatch said:
I never thought of the 1" spacer. Do you know how much difference there is in lenght from the Performer to the RPM?

Also the only cars I can compare the dyno to is a guy I know put down 202rwhp with only k&n longtubes, mac prochamber, mass air and catback. Also the day I was there they had a 2002 camaro ss with ported ls6 heads, ls6 intake, ls6 cam, longtubes and 4" exhaust. Maybe other boltons such as tb. He put down 368rwhp
2 inches difference. Keep in mind with a 1 inch spacer the intake won't clear the stock hood.

S/CBlack95GT said:
If that was a mustang dyno then you made good power. Probably around 280-290rwhp and 300-310rwtq compared to a Dynojet.

Thats what I was hoping to hear. Another thing I forgot to mention is that he said new GTs are putting down around ~210rwhp on his dyno. What do they normally put down on a dynojet with little to no mods?

Also I know the rpms aren't at the bottom of the dyno sheet, but does the hp and tq curves look like they should? It seems to me that the tq is lacking pretty bad, maybe cause of my intake. I found a buddy that would do a even swap with me for his performer intake. Anyone think it will do more harm than good???

5.0hatch said:
Thats what I was hoping to hear. Another thing I forgot to mention is that he said new GTs are putting down around ~210rwhp on his dyno. What do they normally put down on a dynojet with little to no mods?

Also I know the rpms aren't at the bottom of the dyno sheet, but does the hp and tq curves look like they should? It seems to me that the tq is lacking pretty bad, maybe cause of my intake. I found a buddy that would do a even swap with me for his performer intake. Anyone think it will do more harm than good???

The new GTs put down around 230 on a dynojet. Your torque curves looks just fine to me.