Dyno #'s are in needs some big changes.

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
well as for those of you who have followed my Paxton Novi 2000 Project I finially made it to the dyno today to see where I stand and lets just say Ive got alot of work ahead of me. Over all Im happy w/ the #'s I put down considering all the draw backs that Im faceing. Here are my #'s corrected and uncorrected.

Corrected #'s

285 RWHP 348 RWTQ

Uncorrected

293 RWHP 353 RWTQ

Theres are the things that went wrong and or I need to change. First thing I need to ditch my flowmasters to get some stright through flowing mufflers. My friend dan picked up 23 RWHP today on his 01 GT kenny Bell S/C by switching from flows to magnaflows. Second I need a custom burnt chip, my A/F ratio was all over the place and the first pull I was runnin in the 14's w/ #30 Injectors and the FMU, we had to bump the Fuel pressure way the hell up. Also as I feard my SPEC II Clutch was not fully broken in and did slip on the dyno all 3 pulls. I need to get a UPR power pipe. And lastly my tach is way off, I thought I was pulling 5,000-5,500 when I was on the dyno but turns out it was only at 4,300-4,500 according to the dyno so I still have 1,000 RPMs to play with. So regarding all my down falls and that I still have 1,000 RPMS of power to play w/ I'll :spot: away from today calling it a good day. After I get a chip burnt ( which the dyno shop can do for me ) get some free flowing exhast and get a UPR power pipe I'll be back to the dyno in search of my 340 RWPH run.

Oppinons and thoughts advice welcome............

PS: Charile it was nice meeting you today ( oneBad95 )

• Sponsors (?)

Sweet...You got some left in it for sure....Im watching how you fair out with your Paxton endeavor...I would like to add one....and dude, you can help me install it since you have it all figured out.... :D

RIO5.0 said:
Sweet...You got some left in it for sure....Im watching how you fair out with your Paxton endeavor...I would like to add one....and dude, you can help me install it since you have it all figured out.... :D

Its a tight fit on the 94/95 but we got it in there :p If your smog is gone thats leaves alot more room. This blower has alot of potential and I'll prove it once I get all this worked out. Id really like to hit 350 RWHP this summer.

89 blue lx said:
yeah just look at rc he puts down some impressive #'s and doesnt he have pretty much the same set up except the blower company and cobra intake?

I belive our setup is similar but I think hes got Edelbrock heads. Keep in mind I still have stock heads and cam. Im hoping to put down 330-350 on stock heads and then throw on a set of AFR's.

1105 said:
I believe RC has stock head. Mike dynoed his stock headed/camed car ar 308 rwhp. Not sure what other little mods he had done to his car.

Yeah he does I just saw his sig, our Intakes are diffrent.

I think Im going to go w/ Dynomax Ultra Flows for my new exhaust.

94SC50 said:
Nice #'s at least now you know where you stand and what hp each new mod will provide. The PP and chip will give you better gains for sure. :nice:

I should see some really good gains after everything is all set. Also what are you running for a Mass Air Meter ? I have the C&L 76 MM right now w/ the 30LB sample tube but am thinking about going over to the Pro-M 80 MM since they can be snagged fairly cheap brand new compared to what they were before.

94SC50 said:
I have a Pro M 75mm and 42# injectors @ 60#'s of FP @ WOT really super rich. I have heard that the 77mm would be better off.

wow Im glad Im not the only one having to run that high of a fuel pressure at WOT. We had to bump mine up to 66 #'s of FP on the dyno to keep it from running lean. I was shocked since I was running #30 Injectors w/ the FMU. Reason being is b/c that kit is ment for 19# injectors thats why they give you the FMU to compensate for it. Im just glad that we decided to install the FMU b/c I prob would have blown a HG before I ever made it to the dyno. I was in the 14's mid RPM's on the dyno before we adjusted the FP.

I think I'll go w/ an 80 MM Pro-M calibrated for a S/C maybe that will help out some as well.

I'll get a JPEG of the graph soon and post it up so you can all see for yourself.

Yeah dude, you got alot of blower to work with there.

Those 2000's can move way more air than your current setup can handle. Hell even if you got aluminum heads you still would have a hard time using all the air that the Novi can provide.Overkill rules. :nice:

Btw I like your new avatar."Maybe if I get high I'll remember..." lol

Sleepy McNastee said:
Yeah dude, you got alot of blower to work with there.

Those 2000's can move way more air than your current setup can handle. Hell even if you got aluminum heads you still would have a hard time using all the air that the Novi can provide.Overkill rules. :nice:

Btw I like your new avatar."Maybe if I get high I'll remember..." lol

hell yeah you got that right, that Novi 2000 can flow 1,700 CFM :eek:

Maybe I can use more of its potential in a few yrs when I have in a 331 stroker w/ AL heads and a cam.

Yeah towelie is awesome, its more of an inside joke w/ the other club members but any south park avatar rocks

Heres the graph its hard to see but this was my best pull 286.27RWHP 347.01 RWTQ. You can see how my A/F ratio was all over the place and running to lean. You can also see where my clutch slipped at the end and that It only got up to 4,500 before it did slip.

attachment.php

You have a LOT more potenial there... a lot. Keep working at it and the results will really pay off!

:OT:
I was on the phone with Charlie while he was at the dyno day, I was talking to him when the turbo car was making its pulls.

Killercanary said:
You have a LOT more potenial there... a lot. Keep working at it and the results will really pay off!

:OT:
I was on the phone with Charlie while he was at the dyno day, I was talking to him when the turbo car was making its pulls.

Yeah Im really pleased w/ the blower, its going to put down some awesome #'s when I get all the issues taken care of. As far as the turbo 5.0's bryan put down 439 RWHP and 549 RWTQ and chris put down 470 RWHP ( w/ a slipping centerforce clutch) and over 500 FT LBS