ECM memory failure, car studers above 3500

Ok, here we go, ever since my powerdyne locked up my car hasn't been the same, after 3-4 K it starts studdering and my friend says it dosent sound like detonation. I have replaced the O2 sensors, plugs, wires. cap, rotor, and finaly the pickup in the distributor, I have also added 30# injectors and a new 75 MM mass air, Nothing has helped, recently i lost another powerdyne and upgraded to a powerdyne xb 1a and 1:7 roller rockers and the problem has become a little more noticeable.
Any Ideas??? could my computer be bad?

BTW the FMU is hooked up with the propper calibration.
and the computer code is 511 which is eca memory fail

• Sponsors (?)

Do the self test on your MSD 6. I had the same problem happen to me on my 70 mustang and anytime I got over 2500 the car would sputter and threaten to stall like it was runnin on 4 cylinders. I was able to nurse it off the freeway and back home and it had me baffled. Since the car is so damn simple I knew it had to do something with the MSD. I have the MSD distributor, 6al and the blaster coil which makes up all the electrical in the car so I ran the self test which is in the instruction manual. It failed so I called them up, sent it in, and got it back in a week or two. They will fix the 6ALs which will cost a minimum of 15 bucks and a max of 55 bucks I believe. Their customer service is really great so give it a shot. Thats just my thoughts on your situation. Hope you figure it out.
Kevin

I tried to bypass the msd box and the problem is still there, and tonight i pulled the chip on the computer and same problem, also the car wont idle wo the chip and it dies. you have to youch the gas just slightly to keep it going, and the fuel pressure soars to 45 wo the chip installed?

i'd definatly check all your MSD components........id had the exact same issue with my car, above 3k it would fall apart, i spent a hole week trying to chase it, replaced plugs wires, rotor, cap, motorvac'd the injectors(cleaned em),tested the fp, checked vac through out rpm range...did all this then i finally scoped the ignition and the PIP signal had the slightest blip in it so i swaped on a factory TFI and it all went away... it was another faulty msd component(in my case it was the TFI)

**EDIT** oh and it would never idle with this problem...had to keep my foot on the gas