Egr Plug Connector

jchav02

Apr 17, 2010
Does any one know where to buy this connector or have a part number. LMR sells them to delete the egr cel, they are out of stock but currently, Ebay has them but really expensive. I want to use it to wire up a different a sensor.

lrs-9428a-ep_d4454f40.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

You have to solder them together like the diagram. You need three wires out of the connectors, and then solder the two resistors to each wire.
so the the plug that's on the car already I can take the new one with the wires and put the resistors on that one and plug it in or am I thinking backwards I need to lay it out in front of me and I need a soldering gun still

No. You wire the resistors into the male plug that plugs into the body harness.

Amazon product ASIN B091Z453GTView: https://www.amazon.com/Aokus-Compatible-Mustang-harness-connector/dp/B091Z453GT/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2EC6DY7BFZ8XT&keywords=Ford+EGR+plug&qid=1658851563&sprefix=ford+egr%2Caps%2C792&sr=8-1

You need a little experience with electrical soldering and making those connections. I have a pic of mine I can attach later
I have that plug and a new EGR plug that would go to the EGR and wired to the harness I've been keeping the plunger down halfway to see if that helps or should it stay open ,the EGR valve plunger

You could also just leave the EGR unplugged. Yes, the check engine light will be on, but it achieves the same purpose. This resistor pack just a creates a code that doesn't trigger the CEL.

In both cases, EGR function will be disabled as result.

As another, lesser known consequence, when the EGR is disabled in the A9x ECU, fuel decal shutoff is disables. As far as i can tell, the byproduct is additional gurgling from the exhaust on decel.

You could also just leave the EGR unplugged. Yes, the check engine light will be on, but it achieves the same purpose. This resistor pack just a creates a code that doesn't trigger the CEL.

As another, lesser known consequence, when the EGR is disabled in the A9x ECU, fuel decal shutoff is disables. As far as i can tell, the byproduct is additional gurgling from the exhaust on decel.
I was going to ask that I keep getting rumbles when I left off the gass I thought it was something my friend did when he welded the mufflers and tail pipes on

I want the EGR to work it's brand new and the vavle I just don't know why it won't work, I run a line from the bottom evr to the manifold then the top evr port to the EGR is that right or no

Last edited: