EGR Similator

• Sponsors (?)

Why do you want to eliminate it just out of curiosity? Is this car daily driven or a track vehicle. The EGR system causes very very minimal power loss if any, reduces harmful emissions and gives you better gas mileage.

You could probably just take off the EGR valve but leave the sensor hooked up somewhere behind the intake. I think the EGR sensor is about as big as the eliminator. Just make sure the sensor rod is not pushed in.
evp.jpg

Well when I got this car the previous owner had attempted to remove the egr system disconnected and/or cut the vacuum lines. Egr sensor is gone so thats out of the question.

If i just use a stock sensor but its not hooked up wouldnt that however still throw a code?

Having a stock sensor hooked up without the egr valve should be no different then having the EGR with the vaccum line disconnected.
When the EGR vac line is disconnected the computer senses that the egr is not opening therefore it does not take it into consideration.

It looks like it is the resistor thing just in a nice package. If you have some soldering background then build one but if not then get this. Hell its 20 bucks, whats that buy these days? 1/2 tank of gas? :)

Mine is blocked off at the heads but the EGR is still there. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that resistor thing.
Did you block it off between the heads and the lower intake? I'm in the process of putting my intake back on and I should do that since I dont have the EGR stuff.
Any special way of putting those little gasket pieces on? Did you have to use any RTV?

Why does everyone want to remove the EGR for?? It does nothing for performance. Unless you get a custom tune to readjust the part throttle fuel curves, you will run lean during average driving around RPM.

The resistor does work, but the bigger issue is getting a tune when you remove the EGR...and not many people do this.

Reactions: 1 user
I have noticed a lot lately that people are confusing the EGR and Thermactor/Air pump systems. The EGR on our cars is internal and the Exhaust gas rises up through the center of the U/L intake. The two pipes behind the heads are solely for the thermactor/air pump system and those pipes coincide with the bumps in the exhaust ports of the heads. They are often misnamed but they are thermactor bumps and have no relation with the EGR system!. I see a lot of threads about EGR delete and what not...but most people are not familiar with how these two systems actually function. EGR delete on a street car is worthless...especially if its not done correctly. It must be turned off the in the computer.

Will having a disconnected egr cause any driveability prob?I just figured out my solenoid valve was missing & wondering if this is what was causing my slight bucking while cruising

When the computer sends the signal to open the egr, it cuts the fuel back to compensate for the burnt gasses reentering the engine, since it's not fresh air. Nothing that I would want. Disconnecting EGR is retarded without a tune, and even then I doubt I will drop myn.

i bought on off the net and currently am using it on my car now. works great. removed the egr all together and installed a blockoff plate looks nice and clean too. the part took about a week to get. tucked it behind some wires so u cant see the eliminator.