EGR to Manifold Connection - HELP PLS

Dr Jay

Jan 1, 2004
Canada
I'm getting ready to install headers and I need a little help. I'm done with the tear down but when I removed the egr line (it was on there good) the fitting screwed out of the manifold so the fitting is still on the end of the egr tube. I think I need to get that fitting off the end of the egr line before installing the headers but could use some advice as it's on there good and I don't want to mess with it anymore unless I have to. I haven't picked up my headers yet so I'm not sure.

Here is a pic to clarify
View attachment 261379

• Sponsors (?)

When I did my headers that threaded fitting was stuck in the manifold side. I eventually had to drive a car on to the manifold and use a breaker bar w/ a cheater bar to break it loose. After all that work , I still had to modify the EGR tube because it wouldn't quite line up right. If you can Id delete it.

so much easier to delete it. im doing a bullitt intake swap and just deleted it. you will have to turn off the egr sensors with a tuner, but it makes the engine bay so much cleaner looking with all that crap gone. :nice: