Eibach Sportlines w/stock shocks & struts?

scstanger

Dec 3, 2003
I got a set of Eibach Sportlines springs a couple months back and have been waiting to build my funds back up so I can get the cc plates and some tokico shocks/struts and get all these put on at the same time. I have enough cash to get the cc plates (which are a must w/ sportlines) but don't know how long it will take me to save up for the tokico's.

My question is, can I get away with just installing the sportlines w/ the cc plates w/ the existing stock shocks & struts or will the ride be way too rough?
If so, I'll get the tokico's later down the line. Otherwise I'll just keep saving and wait to get everything put on.

Appreciate it

• Sponsors (?)

I have had my sportlines and cc plates on for a about 1 and a half years with the stock shocks and i have not had any problems and all no tire wear nothing plus the of the drop is the best! :)

yep, sportlines installed with stock shock/struts and I love it!! The ride is not as harsh as many say, but I will say that I left the isolators in. Drop it and worry about the shocks/struts later.

I've got the H&R SS's. Ride is pretty decent with the stock stuff, granted I don't expect it to last long. I've installed the Sportlines on a friends car and aligned it with no problems using the stock stuff.

Don't know how anyone dropping their car more than 2" (which is what the sportlines will do) could run stock shocks and not have their ride suffer.I'm running the pro kit (1.5" drop) and tried the stock dampers for a while and couldn't take it. I put some mach 1 tokicos in and it made a big difference. I guess if you don't have any thing to compare it to you don't know what your missing... you'll probably need c/c pates as well to get your front end into alignment.

kennym01 said:
Don't know how anyone dropping their car more than 2" (which is what the sportlines will do) could run stock shocks and not have their ride suffer.I'm running the pro kit (1.5" drop) and tried the stock dampers for a while and couldn't take it. I put some mach 1 tokicos in and it made a big difference. I guess if you don't have any thing to compare it to you don't know what your missing... you'll probably need c/c pates as well to get your front end into alignment.

Mine lined up just fine without the CC Plates. Got lucky.......some need them, and some don't. As far as ride goes, mine rides as well as any other Stang I've been in, and it's been MANY !! :nice:It differs alot from car to car......dunno why though :shrug: