eibach vs roush vs ford suspension

DrSmith

Sep 2, 2004
Maine
Good night, how do you figure which one to use? I was going to install ford after watching motorz do it, I liked what I heard about roush and now I saw an episode of motors that installed an eibach suspension.
I am starting to get into auto cross, and I wanted to change my car. How does one decide on which company to go with? I noticed that many of you have mixed and matched set ups, but I have also read to go with one company as they are designed to work together.
Any help? I have an 06 gt, which for now is stock.
Thanks,
Doc

• Sponsors (?)

Well to start off. Eibach is Ford, I once heard. Just different colors, Eibach Red, Ford Blue. (Ford uses Eibach products for springs, swaybars, etc (suspension))

Roush, I would imagine is great.

All-in-all, the performance of each you wont be dissapointed. What many people look for when purchasing springs is how much it will lower the car.

If I went with Roush springs, I would do Roush shocks/struts. I am wishing I would have done Eibach shocks struts, just because they are made to work with each other.

But anyway, I have Eibach, always have in all my cars...and I really enjoy it/them.

I just replaced my Roush rear shocks with Koni Sports and they ride better and will allow adjustment for autocross. I am still waiting on the fronts to come in. They go nice with a set of Steeda Sport springs, and a set of adjustable sway bar from Sam Strano would help you tune the car's balance for autocross as well. I like my Roush stuff but would go with something else if I were to start over again. If you are replacing the front struts it might be worth replacing the strut mounts, the stock ones are known to be weak which makes a popping noise when they fail.

Thanks for your input guys. I am looking into all of this. I am having a hard time finding the rules of autocross and where changes will place me. I really want to supercharge my car, the roush suspension is supposed to be tuned for the wt of the roush, I will lean there.
I have been impressed with the adjustable suspension systems I have seen, I will look into those as well. I have been waiting to get into autocross and mod my car, life keeps getting in the way! My kids are starting karting, so the money might go there as well as my time.
Do you guys have any autocross sites you would recommend? I will keep you posted on my goings on here. My wife had put some money aside for my supercharger, then found out I needed 2k more for the one I wanted! I then found something I wanted for my office to spend the money on. I liked the old days when I would spend my money without regard, now with kids....well they are the true treasures!
Thanks guys, sorry for the ramble,
Doc