Eleanor side rocker panel bolt on

HHStang

May 15, 2003
Coastal SC
My Eleanor project has a couple twists and I am doing it as a "bolt on", but I do have a fairly basic question here for anyone knowledgable on Eleanors. . My twists:

1- Steel hood. I needed a taller scoop to clear carb inlet from supercharger (D1-X on 472). I also added hood vents,
2- Molded over side exhausts,
3- Extended rear valance to cover fuel cell sump and gas lines,
4- No fender flares,
5- Only using lower nose piece (bolted to fenders),
6- Added a couple countersink points in the quarters to anchor/seal the lower side scoop rears,

My questions:

1- How are folks bolting the side skirt, rocker covers? I know I can screw the front, rear and bottoms, but how about the upper points on these pieces?

2- What are folks using to seal glass panels to the car when they do bolt on?

Thanks all!

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks! I want to bolt this on though. Something different and no seperation cracks later.

yeah but you will already have the space between the new panels and the existing.

it might turn out cool though.

even though all the fiberglass work is really expensive, and difficult if you don't know how to do it, it really makes a difference.

good luck!

Norton Speed Grip is the best product we have found to date.

You can also use it as a filler so not bondo or fiberglass is needed. It remains slightly flexible so it handles the different expansion rates between the fiberglass and metal.

It's a two part urethane bonding adhesive.

It requires a heavy tooth on whatever surface like 50 grit.

It adheres to just about anything.
Steel, SMC, FRP, fiberglass, rigid plastic, semi-rigid plastic, flexible plastic or panel bonding

3m makes a panel bonding ahesive as well, but you can't use it like a filler. With speed grip, you can.