electric fans (again)

Low86GT

Apr 9, 1999
San Jose, CA
I am sure that some of you guys and girls are getting tired of seeing posts about electric fans but I could not find the info I am looking for in a search.

I am trying to find out what year Mark VIII fans flow the highest CFM.
I know that some of them are better than others.
I have heard that some of them flow upto 5000 cfm which is great.
The more the better.
I am looking to use one for a test project and need all the flow I can get.

years, part numbers, anything would be great.

Thanks.

Bill

• Sponsors (?)

I can't remember what CFM it is, but I use a 16" fan I got from AutoZone with a 180 degree thermostat. I measured my radiator and had an HVAC shop press me out a fan shroud to mount on the radiator, and I mounted the fan to that. You may be able to mount the fan to the radiator itself without a shroud, but I wanted all the airflow I could get. I also have a 10" pusher fan mounted on the front of the A/C condenser. I have it wired to come on only when the A/C is on.

If the Mark VIII fan and shroud will fit your radiator, that should work great. The parts house told me that aftermarket factory replacement fans don't come with any kind of shroud, and the fan just mounts to the radiator. We replaced an electric fan on a V-8 T-Bird the other day, and I noticed that the factory replacement fan for it was exactly the same as the one I've got on mine.

I have my Mustang engine in a truck, so I've got more radiator surface area to deal with. I'm also running 289 hypo heads that run a little warmer than the 302 heads, so I needed all the airflow I could get.