electrical problems...car is a sitting rock...

Q's Stang

Jun 28, 2004
Indianapolis
okay so i was driving today and went over an intersection hill while giving my car some gas and the entire car just shut off once it went over the little hill in the intersection. i tried starting the car back up but there was nothing. no turning at all. there is no power whatsoever and im not sure what is wrong with it. a guy saw me looking at my battery and tried to jump it buuut when he put the negative cable on the battery terminal it started sparking real bad. he thinks i have a dead short somewhere in the wiring. i eventually had AAA tow my car back home (no shops are open today) and the mechanic who towed it said the same thing. have any of you had a problem like this? and if so do yall know around how much it would cost to repair?

• Sponsors (?)

Try pulling your battery out and replacing i with someone elses battery that is known good. GF or friends battery.

Start pulling fuses. And see what fuse(s) are blown and then start searching from there.

I gave my car some gas gettin on the freeway one day and it just died all of a sudden. There was still electrical power but it wouldn't run.

The fuel pump fuse decided to blow. Seriously wtf lol

Good luck dude.

My aim is boostedstang281 if u want to talk more about it. Maybe we can come up with some ideas to get it fixed. Nothin worse than having a broken car!!

so yeah...the battery was completely dead...the wires were in very terrible condition and there was a dead short at the alternator with the power wire connected to the alternator being grounded by the alternator mount...400 bucks for a new battery, new wires, and $$$*LABOR!