Embarassingly Loud Back-Pressure - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patterjl

Jul 1, 2006
I've heard that some Backpressure is good, however my Backpressure is just too annoying to deal with and it's embarrassing sometimes.

I have a 99 Mustang GT convertable with the following Modifications:
Borla Exhaust -- Mac Pro Chamber w/o Cats -- Steeda Underdrive Pulleys -- C&L Intake -- 4:10 Racing Gears -- Diablo Sports Predator Tune

The backpressure seems to occur when I'm shifting at Mid to High RPMs (lets say 4500+ sometimes lower) or when I'm just slowing down and the RPMs are decreasing. This pressure sounds embarrassingly bad alot of the time, almost like a backfiring Pop and gourgle (REALLY LOUD). It doesn't seem to have a problem at all when I'm shifting at around 3000 to 3500 RPMs or when the RPMs decrease to that amount. I don't even want to Rev my engine at people most of the time because it sounds that bad. You'd think someone who has spent the money on nice aftermarket exhaust would be very pleased with the sound of his exhaust..... you'd think!

Does anyone have any clues as to why it would be this bad or what I can do to fix it?

My thoughts were, Maybe I have stock headers -- or stock Throttle Body -- and it's not able to pull the air back in fast enough? (I'm no auto techie)

Please help me out here.

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.