Emergency Flasher Switch

geordie

Founding Member
May 10, 2002
Need a solution for a non stock emergency flasher switch for a Painless harness. I'm not going with a used stock switch or a replacement stock switch...too expensive. I want a 'kinda' stock look, toggle switch with bracket. This is my next project on the Painless installation, along with finishing the instrument pod. I've gotta lead on a Digikey switch that should do the job, (DPST) Double Pole, Single Throw switch.

1. Has anyone successfully done this and if so how?
2. Where was the original switch installed on the '66 Coupe, I think that this was the first year for this option. I would like to install mine in the original location if possible....mine is a '65 Coupe

More soon............

Attachments

• Flasher.jpg
    Flasher.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 330
  • Sponsors (?)

Nice, I've been looking for a solution for this as well; oddly mine came with the emergency flasher wiring but not the switch itself. P.O. must've sold it or something.

People say there are two correct places to mount it, one is under the dash, the other is on the left hand side about 1/3 ways in in the glove box. The wiring that i pulled was long enough to stretch to the glove box so I believe it was supposed to be mounted in the glove box.

Edit:
Hello. The 65s had the switch for the emergency flashers under the dash, and the 66s were in the glove box. In theory, that is. The change over was another one of those things that was phased in over time, and the three different plants did it over three different time frames. But, to be ' show-car correct' the 66 should have it in the glove box and the 65 under the dash. Hope that helps.

Thats right. Most of the 66 repop glove box liners will have the two small holes or indents for the holes where it goes. There is also a small metal backing plate that goes on the outside of the liner-like a reinforcement plate, but can be made out of a small piece of sheet metal. I put mine under the dash because I put the Classic A/C system in and the stock glove box liner is not used.