Emissions Challenge

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
My friend's wife gets home from a kid's birthday party at 3:30pm today, at which point he can swap out parenting duties. He then has to drive 45 minutes to my house. Here we will swap out his X-pipe for my gerimander catalytic pipes, and then make it to the emissions place 15 minutes down the road, and complete an emissions test before 5pm. Can it be done?

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

My friend's wife gets home from a kid's birthday party at 3:30pm today, at which point he can swap out parenting duties. He then has to drive 45 minutes to my house. Here we will swap out his X-pipe for my gerimander catalytic pipes, and then make it to the emissions place 15 minutes down the road, and complete an emissions test before 5pm. Can it be done?

Kurt

What makes "parenting duties" and an exhaust swap mutually exclusive? I'd have loaded up the kids and taken them with me. Bill it as either "father-bonding time" or an educational opportunity!

**** with longtubes it should be no problem. Shorter, lighter pieces to deal with, plus no need to remove O2's to get to the bolts or swap over, plus all the bolts being right there under the floorboards and not halfway up the firewall.

Only problem I see is that depending on brand of longtubes, some mid-pipes aren't interchangeable. Mac to BBK, etc.

**** with longtubes it should be no problem. Shorter, lighter pieces to deal with, plus no need to remove O2's to get to the bolts or swap over, plus all the bolts being right there under the floorboards and not halfway up the firewall.

Only problem I see is that depending on brand of longtubes, some mid-pipes aren't interchangeable. Mac to BBK, etc.

This is what i was thinking.

My cat pipe is all flexitube with the 2 forward cats from a 93' stang. I could bend it to fit on a Honda if I had to. I made it out of flexitube so that it would go on fast, and fit any stang.

Kurt