engine lull

LtSellers

Feb 12, 2007
Rapid City, SD
For some strange reason my Cobra lately has been having a bad lull in the throttle, almost like it is dying at times. At a constant throttle it will be fine one minute and sputter the next...coming home from work today it cut off on me twice so I just parked it...Living in Vegas, the last thing you want to do is have the engine cut off on you on the freeway, BAD NEWS. Any suggestions, Please Help :shrug: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

97 Cobra w/Vortech V2.....the air bag light is the only one that's on...as for the sputter, it does not happen if I step on the throttle only when I let off and at constant speeds.....both times it cut off on me yesterday were downshifting during turns, not sure if any significance but its no fun when the pwr steering goes while turning on the freeway

I use either the shell gas a block away or a chevron that's the next closest...dont think its bad gas b/c it's been doing this for a few months now, just seems to skip, should I have the alt or ignition looked at or even just change the spark plugs (even though they are only 6 months old) to make sure?

Yep...the home of the fighter pilot:nice:

I'll actually be coming your way in oct for a few months at Maxwell AFB
Attending Air War College or the ASBC course? Be sure to stop in at the O'Club and have my wife (Marie) fix you a "Bridgewater". They're world renowned! :p She's the senior bartender and works most evenings in the main bar.

Reason I asked if you were at Nellis is because there's a small, but active group of Mustang guys located there who me be able to help you with your car.

U.M.

I'll be there for ASBC and I'll be sure to get myself a "Bridgewater":nice:

Do you happen to know if they are apart of a club or anything...I tried the "Mustang Club of LV" webpage and no one ever replies to my posts there; not an active webpage I guess

I'll be there for ASBC and I'll be sure to get myself a "Bridgewater":nice:
Just keep your eye out for the Filipina named Marie. She will be working for most all your "Mandatory" club functions.
Do you happen to know if they are apart of a club or anything...I tried the "Mustang Club of LV" webpage and no one ever replies to my posts there; not an active webpage I guess
Try this forum and let them know you're at Nellis: http://www.militarystangs.com/forums/

U.M.