Engines out - redone - photo progress!!!!

Paul Perreca

Mar 30, 2005
Engine first out
MVC-800S.jpg

Bay First Painted
MVC-812S.jpg

New Block, installed E cam, Timing Chain and Cover, Water pump, oil pump, pick up tube, and gasket ready for oil pan...
MVC-814S.jpg

MVC-815S.jpg

Block Painted, all black -
MVC-817S.jpg

MVC-818S.jpg

Heads installed - they look ****ing spectacular on there -
MVC-819S.jpg

MVC-820S.jpg

Roller Rockers and Pushrods installed - they look very nice! Crane 1.6's
MVC-821S.jpg

This is the progress so far for this car -
100_0560.jpg

NOW - whenever I have new pictures, I will post them right in this thread, but in this actual post, i'll just edit it and add pics, I think I can do that... not sure though - thanks for checking it out!!! If you see this thread hit page one again, than you'll know that I have added new pics, and check them out!!! LATER

Paul Perreca

Attachments

• MVC-800S.jpg
    MVC-800S.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 76
  • MVC-812S.jpg
    MVC-812S.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 64
  • MVC-814S.jpg
    MVC-814S.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 68
  • MVC-815S.jpg
    MVC-815S.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 98
  • MVC-817S.jpg
    MVC-817S.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 73
  • MVC-818S.jpg
    MVC-818S.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 93
  • MVC-819S.jpg
    MVC-819S.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 75
  • MVC-820S.jpg
    MVC-820S.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 75
  • MVC-821S.jpg
    MVC-821S.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0560.jpg
    100_0560.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Sponsors (?)

I hope so, and in response to the bay painting....

First, be discouraged, I was... I couldn't wait to do it, at this time the engine was still in, than when we got the engine out, i was like, ohhh shiiiiittt i have to do it and theres all those wires.... I unbolted as much **** as i could from the strut towers, and off the back of the firewall, taped up various things, and kind of airbrushed it, that way there would be LOW overspray, keeping it off the wires, and the wires that did get green, i touched them up w/ flat black... looks very nice - that solenoid mess with all the grounds, that's the biggest pain in the ass - but just unbolt everything, and drop it down out of the way - I didn't use an air brush, i just used that to describe a good way to do it w/ no overspray - i bought a fillable aresole can, (comes w/ a jar that connects to it) and i shot everything that was white, green.... next I only cleared the big areas - including the strut towers, inner fenders- and TOP of firewall - the rest is just green but you wouldn't be able to tell if it was cleared or not w/ an engine in the way -

God I hope all this thing is is not just a hunk of junk, i hope it runs - it looks like it's gonna run!!
Paul Perreca

and that old guy is my dad, owner of the shop - and my best friend lol He's never done a ford motor, but he's helping me through all of the steps - it's gettin done my friends

your dad knows the 57 chevy of the 90's is the real deal. Many Chevy people have converted over especially since chevy dropped their beloved camaro!

awsome job by the way! keep up the good work and remember post are usless with pictures! :nice:

Paul Perreca said:
I hope so, and in response to the bay painting....

First, be discouraged, I was... I couldn't wait to do it, at this time the engine was still in, than when we got the engine out, i was like, ohhh shiiiiittt i have to do it and theres all those wires.... I unbolted as much **** as i could from the strut towers, and off the back of the firewall, taped up various things, and kind of airbrushed it, that way there would be LOW overspray, keeping it off the wires, and the wires that did get green, i touched them up w/ flat black... looks very nice - that solenoid mess with all the grounds, that's the biggest pain in the ass - but just unbolt everything, and drop it down out of the way - I didn't use an air brush, i just used that to describe a good way to do it w/ no overspray - i bought a fillable aresole can, (comes w/ a jar that connects to it) and i shot everything that was white, green.... next I only cleared the big areas - including the strut towers, inner fenders- and TOP of firewall - the rest is just green but you wouldn't be able to tell if it was cleared or not w/ an engine in the way -

God I hope all this thing is is not just a hunk of junk, i hope it runs - it looks like it's gonna run!!
Paul Perreca
No worries im sure it will run like a bat out of hell! :flag:

Good stuff Paul..lots of fun will be had. Remember when start up time comes to prime her up really good before first start. When firing it up have a jug of water ready to add to the rad when the temp gets up..you don't want the temp getting away from you and having to go running off to find fluid when the stat opens up. It's hard not to get distracted with all that's going on during the initial start...make a list and check it off as you go. Well worth all the effort.

yea it does i think - the new engine came with no timing chain cover, so i just glass beaded my old one, cleaned it up alot, and put it on the engine... however, the new engine came w/ the timing chain ON, AND it had a mechanical fuel pump cirular device on it - and my old engine did not... but we just left it on and covered it right over w/ the TC Cover- and it fits fine, but what is the deal w/ that comin with a mechanical fuel pump rotation device - was that stock or did the guy i got the motor off of just stick that on there???????

My engine is going to be 302CI

Mass Air Conversion
76mm C&L MAF
70mm Throttlebody
Polished Cobra upper/lower
Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum heads
FMS E 303
1.6 Crane Roller Rockers
Crane Cams Hardened Pushrods
underdrive pullies
mac headers
off road h
spintech pro streets

Basically going to be a completely different car - i was going to just put the block in and swap all my old **** over, than i figured that was crazy, why not build a mean badass engine... than my wallet and i had an argument, than i won and my wallet grew empty - I saved every penny this summer and bought all the **** that I have posted, and now all that's left to buy is the 24 # injectors, that 24# tube for my C&L and a fuel pump, what size FP should I go with while i'm talkin about it... cuz i wanna buy this stuff all at once... THANKS
Paul Perreca

The alternator, alternator bracket, A/C bracket, and A/C compressor have all been cleaned and maticulously painted and cleared, the same color as the bottom of my car - it's like a champaign color... I'll get pics tommorow, i need a floppy disk for the camera I use for pics lol it's pretty old, but it's awesome...

Paul Perreca said:
yea it does i think - the new engine came with no timing chain cover, so i just glass beaded my old one, cleaned it up alot, and put it on the engine... however, the new engine came w/ the timing chain ON, AND it had a mechanical fuel pump cirular device on it - and my old engine did not... but we just left it on and covered it right over w/ the TC Cover- and it fits fine, but what is the deal w/ that comin with a mechanical fuel pump rotation device - was that stock or did the guy i got the motor off of just stick that on there???????
Was the engine previously carbureted? I don't know what year they stopped putting that fuel pump cam lobe on there. I know that my '94 5.0 in my '65 doesn't have that cam.

Engine and car both look good! :nice: