Error code, my dad drives his car TOO HARD ?

• Sponsors (?)

I've had that code before. After I did my engine swap I had a few issues with different O2's. The engine was running just rich enough to foul the plugs and only occasionally send me a slow code from the o2's. My suggestion is start with the plugs see if they look a little too white, covered in black crud, or if they look fine. In my experience the coils will throw a more specific code like #4 cylinder misfire. Anyway if your car is an '01 and only on it's second set of plugs change them for esses and gee's.

Ok, I'll say it so no one else has to:
Holy thread resurection Batman !

Now that that is taken care of...
Reference on the car:
2001 Mustang GT Bullitt
Ignition system is stock

The light came back on so I rented a code reader. Same P0300 code. This time my dad said he was tacing in at about 3000 RPM when the light came on but he didn't notice the car doing anything out of the ordinary.

I drove the car today and the power delivery is smooth. The only thing off about it is the idle is a tad bit rough but I'm wondering if thats because of the POS BBK throttle body he put on.

Any suguestions as to where to start ? I am thinking of pulling the plugs out and checking them to see how they look and also inspecing the COP boots to check for corrosion. I'm going to double check the gap on the spark plugs. My dad is convinced that indexing the plugs with solve the problem but I've never personaly met anyone who has indexed plugs on any motor and at the moment I have the feeling indexing plugs is utter BS.

Ok, I'll say it so no one else has to:
Holy thread resurection Batman !

Now that that is taken care of...
Reference on the car:
2001 Mustang GT Bullitt
Ignition system is stock

The light came back on so I rented a code reader. Same P0300 code. This time my dad said he was tacing in at about 3000 RPM when the light came on but he didn't notice the car doing anything out of the ordinary.

I drove the car today and the power delivery is smooth. The only thing off about it is the idle is a tad bit rough but I'm wondering if thats because of the POS BBK throttle body he put on.

Any suguestions as to where to start ? I am thinking of pulling the plugs out and checking them to see how they look and also inspecing the COP boots to check for corrosion. I'm going to double check the gap on the spark plugs. My dad is convinced that indexing the plugs with solve the problem but I've never personaly met anyone who has indexed plugs on any motor and at the moment I have the feeling indexing plugs is utter BS.

Your dad ROX :nice: :nice: I hope hes been hitting that 3rd gear right, .....or the next rant will be the syncros breaking :rolleyes: