Estate sale

BlackVert

15 Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Bethesda, MD
I am starting to like garage and estate sales!

There was an estate sale in my neighborhood this last weekend. In the workshop in the basement there about 5 electric motors of different sizes. I got there with only about an hour left, and apparently there were like 15 of them in the beginning. I don't know what the guy used them for, but it was crazy. I walked out with 2 Craftsman motors (1/2 HP) and another little one ... all for $12. One of them will be great as a bench grinder. I can probably use the other one to drive an alternator for a DIY welder or something.

I also picked up one of those 6 foot long power bars with plugs spaced a foot apart. They said I could have it for free if I could get it off the workbench. It is now on my workbench!

Then there was the wet/dry vac that ran me $5.

I also got a couple metal plates for $5 to put down under my jack to protect my garage floor.

The last thing i picked up was a really nice sonic humidifier. My daughter needed one last week, and the cheapest one I could find was $65 at the CVS. I got this one for $3 and it works perfectly. I returned the $65 one tonight. The savings paid for all the other stuff and more.

• Sponsors (?)

i've always loved the concept of an estate sale but have yet to get to one other than help with my a friends grandparents years back.

shame you aren't closer. My work has hundreds of those power strips we were trying to get rid of as they had breakers in them and we phased them out to get non-breaker strips instead.