Euro Side Markers

Novanutcase

Oct 21, 2007
I heard someone on here replaced their GT Badges with BMW side marker lights. I might do the same thing but I want to see what it looks like first. Does anyone have pictures of this car or any other stang that has done this type of thing?

Thanks!

John

• Sponsors (?)

why would you do that if you don't have to?

We have to and most implimentations look like ass. Most people try and go with the indicated mirrors, but it's hard to find them in the correct LED color for UK laws.

Having said that, some people pull it off, but I still think it looks like ass. I got lucky and my inspector interpreted the lighting law in a way that my front indicators were legal enough :)

Side Repeaters

see complete ass

why would you do that if you don't have to?

We have to and most implimentations look like ass. Most people try and go with the indicated mirrors, but it's hard to find them in the correct LED color for UK laws.

Having said that, some people pull it off, but I still think it looks like ass. I got lucky and my inspector interpreted the lighting law in a way that my front indicators were legal enough :)

Side Repeaters

see complete ass

I want to debadge my car but the GT badges on the fender have a locating hole. I figured instead of going to the expense of having a body guy fill and repaint the fenders I could just add some sidemarkers and add a little more safety. I like how sidemarkers look on BMW's. I think it'll look pretty good as long as they aren't huge.

John

I want to debadge my car but the GT badges on the fender have a locating hole. I figured instead of going to the expense of having a body guy fill and repaint the fenders I could just add some sidemarkers and add a little more safety. I like how sidemarkers look on BMW's. I think it'll look pretty good as long as they aren't huge.

John

It will look horrible. :notnice: In my opinion either take the badges off and have the holes filled in correctly, or leave it the way it is.

rubbish, I think if you got something small and sleek, clear of course, it could be pulled off, I personally prefer the stock GT badge to anything. But its not a ricer mod. Stick with simple designs, nothing bigger then 1"x2" or so. go for it, you might start a new trend if you pull it off good.

I thought the guy had to put them on for something. The guys in europe have to put them on their cars. I wouldn't actually put them on for the sake of having them. I was just sayin, if your gonna do it, it better look real clean. VW side markers don't look bad at all. The newer ones anyways.

I dunno! I think the "ricer" term gets thrown around WAAAAYY too much! Just because it didn't come stock to the Mustang it's "ricer"? How about if someone runs wheels that aren't Ford wheels? Is that "ricer"? Those FR500's look pretty euro to me in comparison to the other wheels that Ford has used. How about when someone runs tailight/headlight tint? Is that "Ricer"?
I guess I'll try it. If it looks "rice" then I guess I'll just stick the badges back on. I was thinking of doing an oval shaped side marker and maybe layover a vinyl Ford sticker so that whenever I'm turning it blinks the Ford emblem. Or is that too "rice"?

John

I'm gonna just stick the lenses to the side of the car and see if it looks good. I'll post pictures so that you can all flame me or kiss my butt for being such a pioneer! LOL!!!

John

I'm gonna just stick the lenses to the side of the car and see if it looks good. I'll post pictures so that you can all flame me or kiss my butt for being such a pioneer! LOL!!!

John

You won't be a pioneer... there are tons of Stangs in the UK, AUS, and other places that require the side indicators. Most of them would prefer a reliable and cheap option other than the side lights. Alot of the cars look "ok" with them, it's just that very few look "great".