everythings breaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mustanggirrl

No matter where I go, it's like everyone's like, "
Dec 12, 2007
lacey, nj
this may or may not be in the correct section, but at this point i don't even really care. im about ready to call the junk yard to take the 5.0hh out of my driveway. i drove it to work NO PROBLEMS. i told a guy at my job about the car, he wanted to see & hear it, so i brought him to my car. well i started it up and hes like it sounds like **** - im liek yeah yeah yeah i know (thought he was kiudding). and he was like no im being serious it relaly sounds like crap. and so i reved it a few time - still sounded horriable. okay - well i guess i just need to look at my xhaust and check this out. well then i noticed i had NO power at all. so then today i went to go get gas in her and my check oil light is on.. im like hmmmm.. so i bring her back home & she needed 2 quarts... oh but it gets better... i walk back in the house to get a drink come back out and i have a decent size puddle of anti-freeze in my driveway & its pouring out.. idk what to do with my junkbox & cant understand how i can go a year no problems & have everything crash & burn on me at once - any ideas on why stuffs doing this?

• Sponsors (?)

alot of times if you have a small problem they can lead to other problems which is wh it would do that. Example:car runs low in antifreeze and start to overheat. then causeing a blown head gasket, then it could leak water into the oil. then can cause to spin a bearing. then cause the motor to knock and evenually lock up. All that could have started with a small pin hole in the rad. Those are just examples though

Best rule of thumb is to do as much maintenance as possible to avoid these types of things. Some preventive measures can be taken, but sometimes things just to to chit. These foxes ain't getting any younger. We've all been to the point of frustration with our cars, trust me. I've been stranded before with mine and start there staring at it, pistol in hand wanting to put a bullet in it. You have to realize with older cars chit will happen. The good thing about a fox is 1. You have a huge amount of resources here at stangnet, books, mags. 2. The parts are fairly cheap compared to other cars on the market (old and new). It's not worth it to tow it to the yard, trust me.

Make sure the overflow is connected :rolleyes: :D

Fill it, make sure you're good on anti-freeze, allow your engine to cool down for at least 30 minutes before checking your antifreeze level.

If you have to wait for this, that would be a good time to make sure your overflow is at a good level.

If the anti-freeze is brown or rusty, have the radiator flushed out. While you're at it; check the hoses going to the radiator and coolant reservoir to make sure there aren't any cracks or leaks.

Best rule of thumb is to do as much maintenance as possible to avoid these types of things. Some preventive measures can be taken, but sometimes things just to to chit. These foxes ain't getting any younger. We've all been to the point of frustration with our cars, trust me. I've been stranded before with mine and start there staring at it, pistol in hand wanting to put a bullet in it. You have to realize with older cars chit will happen. The good thing about a fox is 1. You have a huge amount of resources here at stangnet, books, mags. 2. The parts are fairly cheap compared to other cars on the market (old and new). It's not worth it to tow it to the yard, trust me.

That's why i'm starting to think a Fox mustang is better as a weekend car vs a typical daily driver.

Granted, they are reliable cars...but they are almost 20 years old. (most already are) and daily driving tends to take it's toll after that long.

They can be a turn-key car...but for a lot, you really should know how to fix stuff under the hood if you are gonna own one these days.

Woah, hold on there. Who said that was directed at you? It wasn't It was a more in general statement. I never meant you imply that YOU didn't know how to fix things. I was stating that it's typical that these cars just require constant fixing with their age.

If anything i was just adding on to what Sammich said that we;ve all been there and wanted to put a bullet through the hood of our cars. I've had those days too

If you want help with fixing it, post up specifics. We're not there with you and can't see where leaks are coming from, rates of fluid loss per time, etc. It's also helpful to know the year and trim of the car.

Good luck with it.

hmm well lets start off here....
anti-freeze = bad hoses... mmmkay?! okay & hmm lets see passanger side.
ok so much antifreeze = i have a freakin swimmin pool of it in my driveway - wanna freakin go freaking swimming in it?
hmm... over heating = lovely right? and i have nothign but pricks tellin me idk how to work on my car yeah thanks... glad i came on here to see if anyone had anything to maybe give me an idea or like a hunch on why it could b doin this n a way so i don fix it n have this prob again... but i guess i was wrong bc im being told u don kno wut yer doing.

by the way if u wouldda read anything like my profile or anything else/profile, ya would kno the yr of my car... by the way its a freakin 1990

Geeze calm down! If you give us a little info maybe we can help you, your first post is mostly a rant. So do you have bad hoses? Did the water pump blow up, a blown gasket somewhere? Is there oil mixed in the coolant? Take some pictures or give a detailed description, none of us are here Miss Cleo or the ''Mustang wisperer'', we cant tell you whats wrong with your car sight unseen from half a country away.

*my attitude? hahaha your funny - maybe if i didnt have jerks tellin me idk how to do anything on here i wouldnt have one.
*my hoses are not exactly at their 100% best. im assuming that would be my problem & im hoping. i really hate this car, so i hope lol i dont have to do a water-pump. theres no oil with the coolant. its dark here so tomorrow.. i have some pics. my driveways destroyed from this freakin car tho. and i was driving it before to see if there was anything else. i have no power, and shes over-heating.

No offense,you say you can work on your car but yet it sounds like you dont have the slightest clue too where your losing coolant.Pop the hood,pour some water in and take a look,It sounds like you havent even done that.Do you live anywhere near toms river?My brother who is a ford mechanic lives down there.I am not trying to insult you in anyway but if you need help,coming on with a hot temper isnt gonna help you,believe me i was once young.

i did pop the hood and do this. but the car isnt dripping when driving. its just happened today & it was hot out n i had a million n 10 things to do other then worry about my car. im just fustrated and cant seem to think - but i forgot everyone on here thinks they are the best and that im nothing n retarded and they all seem to think that they are all hott **** on here. an i think its sad that i came on here to say something about my car so maybe someone could give me maybe a path of things to consider but no i get dicklicks with nothin better to do then pick on a 19 yr old girl.

If the car is that much of a pain in your ass then sell it.

No one here said that you don't know how to work on your car. But how the heck can we give you any ideas on what the problem might be if the only info that we get is the car is leaking coolant. Where is it leaking from, the front of the engine, side of it or maybe the back? Most of the guys here don't think they know it all but they certainly are not mind readers. Give us some info and we'll help out as much as we can. EVERYONE and I mean everyone on this board has had problems with their cars that were a PITA to fix so we know where you are coming from.

So give us some specifics and see what suggestions you get. Works better than gettin pissed off.

People here know what you're going through with car problems trust me. Any mustang owner knows that especially those who modify for racing. No one is attacking you saying "You're a dumb girl, you can't fix chit".

Perhaps my rambling about maintenance set this whole this off and the last thing you need is this thread being closed. My maintenance rambling wasn't intended to come off as "You don't know chit" nor do I believe Mustang5L5 had any intentions of that. However, sometimes checking on these can avoid such problems you're having and perhaps others can learn from that knowledge. Not everyone here knows everything and there are some members here that don't know chit about chit about chit.

From the information you've provide and what you've already checked, I would guess it's a hose busting, cracking, etc.

I've had the same thing happen to me, happened to be on the passenger side, where the left heater hose is located. It had a crack in it and when it went, the car started overheating pouring all the anti-freeze onto the ground and start taking water from the overflow. Like I said earlier, check the hoses going to the radiator, coolant reservoir to make sure there aren't any cracks, leaks, and still securely held in place.

Let me know once you've done this and we can continue troubleshooting. Hopefully it's just a hose. Hoses are fairly cheap, but it's just a bitch sometimes if the hose on there good, and been there for years upon years.

hey hey, dont get all hot and bothered by these guys,

Where is it leaking from the hose fitting or the side of the engine, the pump????

lets start there, once you fix that problem you can let it run a bit and see if your burning oil or coolant

Thread closed. If you want help, you need to be more specific. I live in Chicagoland and certainly can't diagnose the problem from here, and the same goes for most everyone on the board. You'll need to do some diagnosing of your own, but the temper isn't going to make you very many friends. If you feel so inclined, go look at the car and attempt to gather more information before coming back to ask. Start a new thread when you return because this one is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.