Exhaust confusion

Wolvrin704

Apr 17, 2007
Milford, OH
I bought my 03 GT 2 years ago used and to my knowledge the only thing not stock were the Flows. This past winter my driver side cat was rattling a bit on cold days so I decided I would replace them with an O/R H.

I started to take off the mid-pipe that was on the car this past week and only have the passenger side manifold left to unhook (its gotten cold and rainy here so had to stop fr a few days). Tonight while perusing some Stang sites I came upon a picture that a guy had of his stock mids and they don't look anything like mine which leaves me a few questions.

Does the stock midpipe have 4 cats? Mine only has 2. The H also looks like a MAC prochamber but I cannot find any info that they come with cats. Does anyone have an idea on that?

And last some advice form me. I'm going to finish taking the current mid-pipe off to confirm what I think I have. If its a prochamber should I leave it on or put the O/R on? I'll check out the cat while I have it off to see whats loose if anything.

I'd put up pictures but its dark out so can't take any yet. Once I have it off I'll take pics so someone can confirm.

• Sponsors (?)

If it is a prochamber w/ cats and a cat is bad then hell yea ditch it. I don't like Prochambers so i would get rid of it anyway, but a lot of people prefer them.

I assummed the prochambers were good due to the positive feedback I've heard on here. Either way I'll sell the one I don't keep and get some money going toward my tuner fund that I need due to recently purchased gears. :)

What size pipe is on your midpipe? Is it painted, and does it have ball and socket connections on it? The stock midpipes had four cats and are an H. Get some pictures if you can.

Well its still too cold out to finish taking it off but I managed to take a couple of pictures of it. Should be able to work on it Wednesday or Thursday as its supposed to be in the mid to high 40's.

This one shows the drivers side cat. There is no precat in front of it.

March12009012.jpg

This one shows the H which looks like a prochamber H. Also shows the connection between the mid and catback. Like I said I still have the passenger side manifold left to unhook so its pretty much just hanging there right now.

March12009013.jpg

This one shows the cat and H in one pic. The connection can be side by the hanging O2 sensor connector. Again this connection is in the same place as the prochamber 3 pc on the drivers side. The passenger side is solid all the way back to the H.

March12009014.jpg

It does look like you have an older model of the catted prochamber to me. It's too bad you have the older version, since the newer ones you can simply order the catless legs for them. You could always cut those cats off and weld in a stick of 2.5" pipe.

Well since it appears to be a prochamber and since it quit rattling since I got the O/R H, I guess I'll probably just bolt it all back together. Although I'm tempted to just switch them out. If I take the PC off I doubt I'll sell because it probably wouldn't be worth much.

I guess my options now are either keep the O/R in case I need it down the road, or sell it and put it towards something else.