exhaust cut outs

kingc

Nov 25, 2006
Spring/Houston, TX
Has anyone ever done this? Is it bad for the motor, i mean how easy is it for cool air to get sucked back into heads, ive heard thats a bad thing~~

I've heard of there being an automatic/electric opening device to open the cut outs hows it work?

I know what "dumps" are meaning turn downs after the muffler this is not what i mean by cut outs just in case...

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Do not do cutouts. Think about it... A valve that controls exhaust flow? For such a valve to be reliable and effective it would have to be engineering very well and it would cost hundreds of dollars, probably close to a thousand.

It sounds like a great idea on paper in real life I have never heard of anyone being happy with them :notnice:

Okay I just watched/listened to a bunch of vids, and I think it sounds sweet, but i can see how its not neccesary on a dd, I mean obviously too loud, and just another thing that can leak, and would there be issues with harming the motor any valve damage?. But i think i might be wondering how i can do it, just for every now and then. I already feel like i have a constable watching me in my neiborhood anyway boy would this piss him off!:rolleyes:

If they were going to hurt your heads, then no race car would end their exhaust straight off the headers...NHRA, LeMans, not sure about nascar, Formula 1 etc. I would do it after the crossover on the midpipe, I ran my car with just an off road prochamber and it was the sickest thing i've ever heard!! :nice:

Making a set of Exhaust Cut Outs from Oil Drum caps

That is actually kind of cool...

cutoutboth.jpg