Exhaust Help

SVT94GT

Aug 14, 2016
Va
Hey guys I'm thinking about getting flowmaster mufflers for my slp exhaust, I love my slp resonators but it's just to damn loud for me and I can't justify buying and entire new system for 500$+ when I can buy the mufflers for $150. I just want to know will they fit? Do I need to weld them? I have a 1998 GT

• Sponsors (?)

I think the flowmaster american thunder exhaust included whats called super 40 or super 44 mufflers. If I'm correct I'm sure you can just buy 2 of them and have a muffler shop weld them in for half the cost of a full cat back all in. My advise is go directly to the source (flowmaster) and inquire about the mufflers. If my above statement is accurate price some things out and go from there. Personally for me time is also money and I only mess with cat backs. Reason is I'd rather pay full price for perfect fitment then half price and end up having tips sticking out 3 inches looking like a pep boys special so make sure you tell the shop to mind the tip length if they cut out and weld in product for you.

Reactions: 1 users
I was wanting to get the Flowmaster 44s, but here are some pics of my exhaust setup now, I'm pretty sure it will fit with welding. I have SLP resonators on here now

Attachments

• 20170726_112842.jpg
    20170726_112842.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 90
  • 20170726_112936.jpg
    20170726_112936.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 1 user
Find out the inside diameter of your piping. Make sure this is the inlet/outlet size of the mufflers you order. This will make install easier. My recommendation is to replace the resonators with the mufflers. This will depend on how much space is at that point in the system. Also, keep in mind the varying lengths of mufflers. That will also be involved in determining what part number will fit.

It's all good now guys, thanks for all the info. I bought the 44 series and got my local muffler shop to weld them in place with a few minor modifications to get them to fit. They sound awesome though