Remy11

Feb 1, 2017
(Noob post)

so my exhaust is spitting

What i know-
-I have all o2 sensor codes
-I have a egr circulation malfunction code
-I have a lean code in bank 1
-i have a bad exhaust leak on the right side where the manifold and the exhaust meet

Heres a short clip for a better understanding whats happening...

View: https://youtu.be/jjPi2FuTZ_4

• Sponsors (?)

(Noob post)

so my exhaust is spitting

What i know-
-I have all o2 sensor codes
-I have a egr circulation malfunction code
-I have a lean code in bank 1
-i have a bad exhaust leak on the right side where the manifold and the exhaust meet

Heres a short clip for a better understanding whats happening...

View: https://youtu.be/jjPi2FuTZ_4

Moisture seems to be entering . Most likely at the leak point. Smell the liquid coming out. If you cant tell what it is try letting it spit into a glass bowl of water to see if oil / gas is present. gas/oil will float and be slightly colored

Moisture seems to be entering . Most likely at the leak point. Smell the liquid coming out. If you cant tell what it is try letting it spit into a glass bowl of water to see if oil / gas is present. gas/oil will float and be slightly colored
Does the spitting continue even after the car is at operating temperature for a bit? If its only coming out at start up , you need to repair the areas where cold air is entering your exhaust . The leaking area is allowing condensation to form , maybe. Especially in winter. Think of how the inside of your cars windows are in the morning when you leave a window open a few inches in winter. They are often wet without rain. Condensation seems to form on the hot side of things. Like cold beer on hot day. outside of can. Cold night hot exhaust. would forms on warm exhaust inside, if moist air is entering.
I AM NOT an expert or even a mechanic, just thought it made sense. Best wishes

That looks like condensation to me. It should disappear eventually as your engine reaches operating temperature. Drive it around for a while to let the engine and exhaust components warm up and then see if it's still happening. Let us know if it persists. Most, if not all, cars do this.

You should still fix the other issues you listed though.

That looks like condensation to me. It should disappear eventually as your engine reaches operating temperature. Drive it around for a while to let the engine and exhaust components warm up and then see if it's still happening. Let us know if it persists. Most, if not all, cars do this.

It does it very ever so slightly on the left but not on the right and my car runs like crap cause its leaning out.... do you know if a leaking exhaust manifold causes this?

It does it very ever so slightly on the left but not on the right and my car runs like crap cause its leaning out.... do you know if a leaking exhaust manifold causes this?

I'm a little confused by your reply. Did the issue go away on the right and is still slightly present on the left? Or did the issue not go away at all?

A significant exhaust leak at the manifold can screw up what your downstream oxygen sensor is measuring. This can lead to your car registering a lean condition. Fixing the exhaust leak should help. If it's a bad band clamp, just buy a new one and replace it or have a shop weld the exhaust for you.