Explore Motor?

I am about to pull the trigger and buy an explorer motor to put in my car but i have a questiona bout the distrutorless set up the exploer has. since the explorer motor has coil packs and some cam sensor, how will i make this work? i am pretty new to this and doing as much research as possible before i dive in. i know a few people on here have done this swap, one recently, but i do not recall how they made the distributorless set up work.

how can i put a distrubutor in this block?

any help will be greatly apreciated! i definetly need to figure this out before i purchase a engine.

thanks,

• Sponsors (?)

you take out the distributor-less stuff, and put in a fox dizzy setup. basically the only things you'll be using are the shortblock, heads, and intake. oil pan, pickup, valve covers, and everything from the timing cover forward get swapped for fox-style stuff.

you take out the distributor-less stuff, and put in a fox dizzy setup. basically the only things you'll be using are the shortblock, heads, and intake. oil pan, pickup, valve covers, and everything from the timing cover forward get swapped for fox-style stuff.
Thanks for the response! Probably a dumb question but i just want to make sure.

so is there a hole in the explorer block for me to put in my fox distributor?

same block as in every roller 5.0 from 85? to 95, the explorer just uses a weird gear holder thing (i think theres some kind of pickup there too, didnt really look at mine too close) in the dizzy hole to be able to drive the oil pump, with a crank trigger on the balancer.