Farthest youve driven in the stang?

I dunno i took my 86GT with some mods done to it from NJ to Colorado.. 29 hour drive, 18275 mile ONE WAY trip.. held up like a champ.. moved out to colorado for 9 months, then moved back home and did it all over again.. woot woot :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Picked my 88 GT new in Tucson AZ, drove it to Cocoa Beach FL, Fl to Washington DC, DC back to Phoenix, Phoenix to LA, LA back to Phoenix, Phoenix back to FL in the first year I owned it. Last long trip was a 3-day trip from Phoenix back to Wash DC in 2001 after it sat for six years while I was stationed in Germany. Lots of other lesser trips in between too. Scariest was a trip in 1989, from DC to FL in a blizzard, started with 3 inches of snow in DC, snow was six inches deep by the time I hit Richmond VA, some where in South Carolina the snow turned to ice until I hit the Fl state line. I still own the car, now it has 88000 miles and I mostly only drive it on log trips. Oh the memories.:)

I've made a couple round-trips from L.A. to Dallas in my '92. Roughly 1400 miles one-way. Not including the drive from Dallas to West Monroe, La during those trips.

dgollem, speaking of snow storms I got caught in this mess on my way home from Dallas. Highway 8 just outside of San Diego. I'm sure it's not as bad as a Northeast blizzard but it sure as s**t caught me by suprise. the first pic was taken like 20 minutes earlier at the base of the mountain.

127616.jpg

127618.jpg

127617.jpg

127619.jpg

127620.jpg

i've only made it from miami and back in the mustang.....only a 400 mile round trip. Long trips usually take whatever vehicle my wife ownz at the time.....last wasa the lexus from titusville to ohio and back....mustang had issues at that time :(

You put the cruise control on at 100 mph ?

haha yep, I was making good time. On I-75 it was easier because there was three lanes, so the left lane was mostly open, if someone was in it, just hold the coast, till they move and continue going. There was times when I-10 got traffic on it, so I didn't go 100mph the whole time, but I really did cruise at 95-100mph at least 50% of the whole trip.

1990coupe did you mean 1,800 miles?

"quote - I dunno i took my 86GT with some mods done to it from NJ to Colorado.. 29 hour drive, 18275 mile ONE WAY trip.. held up like a champ.. moved out to colorado for 9 months, then moved back home and did it all over again.. woot woot - "

1990coupe did you mean 1,800 miles?

"quote - I dunno i took my 86GT with some mods done to it from NJ to Colorado.. 29 hour drive, 18275 mile ONE WAY trip.. held up like a champ.. moved out to colorado for 9 months, then moved back home and did it all over again.. woot woot - "

haha I saw that too, I figured he meant 1800