FIPK or C&L

• Sponsors (?)

I used to think that the FIPK II was the way to go. Decent reported gains for what it is. But If I had the money now I would definately go C&L. Plus I would go all out and get the MAF, inlet pipe, 75mm TB, and plenum. People have been reporting killer gains with that setup.
On the other hand, the K&N is half as much money if I recall (though it only comes with half the stuff, no TB or Plenum included). I believe all that stuff from C&L runs about $600 (although you can probably get it cheaper other places). :nice:
My .02

small_motor.jpg

It looks the best

Jackie Chan said:
i've opted to stick with the stock MAF and a drop in k&n in the stock airbox after having a c&l MAF

Why might that be? I don't have the factory airbox as the previous owner put in a cold air intake. I've been told that doesn't do too much for performance, so I was going to change out the intake system.

I would vote for the c&l just because I can't see paying $200 for pvc and an air filter. The fipk may stay a bit cooler. they are all maily for looks. I would just modify what you have. just mount the air filter to the end of you maf and take the bend out of you cold air kit.

Why might that be? I don't have the factory airbox as the previous owner put in a cold air intake. I've been told that doesn't do too much for performance, so I was going to change out the intake system.
i really only care about my power at the strip, and the stock airbox with the headlight removed gives plenty of cold air I'm doing fine at the track with my current mods and if i spend 200-300 more dollars on something, its gonna have to be worth more than another 1-3hp.