first pass with car.

BB'S 91'NOTCH

May 15, 2007
i'm a little disappointed.the car is 100% stock except for h-pipe w/ cats,flomasters,410's,reverse valve body trans w/shift kit.
60' 2.234
.25 [email protected]
seems like i am definately going to need a 3000 stall converter,i can't get any kind of launch.it starts power braking at like 1500rpm's.should i try taking the bolt on route or just get a 100 shot for it?i want to get in the 13'S.

• Sponsors (?)

Don't feel too bad. I only did .1 second better than you on my first run with the Notch at Firebird last year ... and I'm running a T-5 instead of an AOD. :(

I'd say go for bolt-ons, first - heads, cam, intake, exhaust, chassis, etc. That way, it'll help out with anything else that you throw on top of it (nitrous or forced induction).

Your 60' sounds like you're not hooking up all that great. What size/type of tires are you running? Any rear-end upgrades to help it stick outta the hole?

Hell for just the mods he has his 60 ft time looks great to me with an aod. I have a 2800 stall converter, new valve body, and a shift kit and i only get a 2.6 60 ft time, that is with spinning tires. I also have alot more bolt ons than he does. I do have stock gears in my rear end though. Bolt ons are the way to go unless you tear the engine apart and get the engine ready for nitrous. Nitrous can do alot of damage. Good luck bro.

The car is being choked...no, strangled by the stock stall off the line. Darkwriter, these cars are serious dogs off the line. It was hard to imagine it being that bad until I bought one. Better tires won't really help because the stock stall won't let him rev past 1,500 at a stand still. My limit is more like 1,200rpm. At that point 2 things can happen: tires start spinning while braking or worse, and most likely, get traction and leave the line with what feels like a 3-second bog. lol The combination of low rpms and a 2.45 1st gear makes for very uninspired launches. :( My car is more of a cruiser so I haven't been in a hurry to spend the money but I would love to have more grunt off the line. I think a higher stall is the way to go but then you really will have to make sure your tires are up to it.

I have similar setup..except I have a Cobra intake and equal-length headers as well as 3.73s, a wide-ratio AOD and a 3000 stall TCI converter and ET Streets.

I ran 14.39 @ 92.01..footbraked maybe 2300 RPM. I 60'd 1.9768...good tires and a converter should put you around where I'm at..my engine is toast.

I dont know much about the tranny deal? But i'd go for the syspension mod's first! Get it dialed in and then for the power mods! Through all the power you want at it and if you cant get traction then you still wont get anywhere fast! peace

john:p