First real mod on the way

Up till now, the only mods i've done are the mach 1 grille delete, Diablosport Predator tune, and projector headlights.

Just ordered an SLP Loudmouth Catback from partshopper. Pretty good deal with the stangnet discount. Came out to 397.40 shipped.

Just wondering, how hard would it be to install this for someone with limited experience working on cars? I could always ask my dad for help but I kinda want to do this by myself.

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a place to do it, with a couple jack stands and a jack it's pretty easy to do.

If you don't care about the old exhaust you can just cut it off to make the job eaiser. If you want to keep the old exhaust, you'll have to remove the bottom rear shock bolts and probably the upper control arms (I did this one at a time to prevent difficulity in realigning the holes for the control arm bolts), to be able to get the over the axle section of the pipe over the rearend housing.

You may even have to remove the shock bolt to get the new on but that really depends on how high you can jack the car up safely.

One tip is to leave all the connections loose and while the car is still sitting on the jack stands, jack the rearend up so it is similar to how the car will be on the ground. That way you can adjust the exhaust around the control arms, rearend housing, gas tank, where the tips exit, etc., before tightening everything down.

DeathMetal said:
Up till now, the only mods i've done are the mach 1 grille delete, Diablosport Predator tune, and projector headlights.

Just ordered an SLP Loudmouth Catback from partshopper. Pretty good deal with the stangnet discount. Came out to 397.40 shipped.

Just wondering, how hard would it be to install this for someone with limited experience working on cars? I could always ask my dad for help but I kinda want to do this by myself.
OT
how do you like your projector headlights? better light distribution?

DerekStangGT said:
OT
how do you like your projector headlights? better light distribution?

They are ok. They dont seem to light up more than stock, but it might just be that the bulbs they came with are crap. I wanted to put silverstars in there but I have no idea how to get to the bulbs in the headlight.