First Supercharger build...few questions

Iand

Aug 18, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Hi,
Im new to 5.0 but in no way new to engine rebuilding. Yet im a newb to superchargers, so i have a few questions before i start. Im looking at a vortech kit with an SC-Trim charger. List of items is as follows...im looking for info on what other parts ill need or what i should change.

Accufab 70 MM intake + Spacer

70 MM? (or 80?) MAF (dunno what brand to go with...)

34# Injectors at minimum

200+ lph fule pump

Cobra upper + lower intake or edelbrock Performer 5.0 Pro II?

Under drive pulleys (can these be used with a supercharger?)

Headers (what is a good brand? torn between BBK and Edelbrock? open to suggestions), Flowmaster 40 series, X-Pipe.

Cam, now i have no idea on what cam to get. Heard good things about the E303 but people say theres better cams out there...? Comp cams maybe?

im looking to run between 8-10 PSI on a stock bottom end...is this safe? or should i be looking to rebuild the bottom end? Also, what other parts would i need? Any help is much apprectiated, if you need any other info just let me know thxs again!

• Sponsors (?)

First off, you won't need that big of injectors...yet, maybe 30#er's, when buying the maf, make sure it's calibrated for your injectors, underdrive pulleys do work with s/c's (they just hook up to alt, waterpump, and something else i can't reamember)
Good cam companies=comp,lunati,edelbrock, etc.
Good headers=bbk, and.....(can't think right now)

On a stock bottom end i wouldn't run more than 8pounds...just what i've heard :D

Hope this helps you :nice:

When dealing with forced induction, it's better to over-inject, than to under-inject. I put 36# on my engine, and I feel that is a safe minimum.

You can buy crank pulleies that is one piece that has an underdrive crank and still use your underdrive pullies. I put the stock pullies back on, and use a stock belt. To run the stock Vortech crank pulley you need the stock crank pulley.

I would put the #36 pound injectors on it.
As for intake, Performer RPM2 or
TFS-Track Heat is what I would go with.Cam would be a TFS stage1 or Comp. Cams Nitrous HP stage1(because blower/nitrous cams are the same).Headers, BBK's for looks and fit, Hookers for power and torque.Defenitly long tubes.U/D pulley arn't gonna help you that much so get a AFM Power Pipe insted.A 80mm would be best but a 75mm MAF would work o.k. too.A 70mm TB is perfect but forget the intake spacer as shorter runers will boost the higher RPM power.Now would also be the time to get a nice set of valve covers and rocker arms.Just my opinion.

For the intake definitely go with the RPM II or the TFS-Track heat (I've heard the TFS flows just a tad more at the upper RPM range).

Headers - I have the FMS shorties and love them connected to a Bassani X-pipe with kitties.

As for PSI, my buddy has been running 12PSI with a pro-charger on his stock bottom end and stock tranny for years (but we consider him lucky). It's an 11 second ride.