First Time Owner - Ecoboost. Need Some Help.

Scott.T

Sep 16, 2015
So i recently got a 2015 Ecoboost and it has the performance package on it.

I know very little about working on cars at this point, so i'm not going to act like i do.

It came with 19" Wheels, with Summer Tires. I live in the Midwest.. So i am looking at getting Winter tires to deal with light snow. (Wife has a SUV and works next door so deep snow is no issue!)

So what i want to know, would 18" Wheels fit on the car ? I read some places that the rotor's etc may be to big to fit 18" on it for Winter. Is this true ? I don't want to buy something that does not fit.

So far i'm looking at just getting 19" Winter Tires and going on.. but considering getting a whole new Wheel setup on 18" for Winter.

Thoughts ?

• Sponsors (?)

Got a better idea. Find someone with a V6 who is upgrading and buy those takeoffs. If I buy a V6 Mustang, I will eventuallly be looking to upgrade and unload the 17's. On second thought, the 17's may not fit the performance package big brakes, but they might fit normal GT's. I'm thinking there are lots of Mustangs in snow states. It snows where I live very rarely, so we just use all season tires. And if there is snow on the road, we stay home anyway.

So i recently got a 2015 Ecoboost and it has the performance package on it.

I know very little about working on cars at this point, so i'm not going to act like i do.

It came with 19" Wheels, with Summer Tires. I live in the Midwest.. So i am looking at getting Winter tires to deal with light snow. (Wife has a SUV and works next door so deep snow is no issue!)

So what i want to know, would 18" Wheels fit on the car ? I read some places that the rotor's etc may be to big to fit 18" on it for Winter. Is this true ? I don't want to buy something that does not fit.

So far i'm looking at just getting 19" Winter Tires and going on.. but considering getting a whole new Wheel setup on 18" for Winter.

Thoughts ?

My thoughts - Keep the tires, rent a car for a day or two when you know a storm is coming...you might spend a $100/yr vs $1000 up front