Flashes vs Chips

Trad

May 29, 2007
Newbie question again - bear with me,

So - Looking into tuners...and I ran into a shop that programs and installs Chips vs Flash tunning...

Not sure if this is a "yesterday" type of technology or it is still commonplace to install chips?

And - anybody know if using Chips leaves "footprints" that dealers can track...not ready to let my engine warrenty go.

Any feedback on Flash vs Chips would be appreciated.

Trad.

• Sponsors (?)

Newbie question again - bear with me,

So - Looking into tuners...and I ran into a shop that programs and installs Chips vs Flash tunning...

Not sure if this is a "yesterday" type of technology or it is still commonplace to install chips?
Somewhat yes. The flash tuners can do everything the chips can and vice versa for the most part. The difference is in the convenience and application requirements. Unless you plan on running a "Special" nitrous or race gas tune in conjunction with a street tune you're better off using one of the newer handheld flash tuners.

And - anybody know if using Chips leaves "footprints" that dealers can track...not ready to let my engine warrenty go.
Absolutely! It's very easy to tell when a chip has been inserted into a cars ECU. The scraping of the contacts on the auxiliary port are a dead giveaway.

Any feedback on Flash vs Chips would be appreciated.

Trad.
Get an SCT X-Cal 2 from a reputable tuner and never look back.

U.M.