floating front end

Cobain03

Aug 27, 2003
Lexington, Ky
hey guys
i noticed when running about 70 or so the front end feels floating like you are haveing fight it back and forth and when you go over a heel it go off to the side man a funning feeling when running 70 or so i did chang wheels i got a set of mag 500 ( 14 in ) i used my old tires for now maybe thats the trouble wrong tires on these wheels i don't know i think it all started when i put the wheels on it always did hill thing
any ideas????

• Sponsors (?)

i had that problem when driving from gainesville to west palm. my tires were bald when i got there because one of the ball joints on the steering linkage was bad. you should probobly check that out

most cars at that speed have a tendency to generate aerodynamic lift. it gets worse when you pull up behind a large truck and you lose downforce on the front. the solution is to add a front spoiler to prevent air flowing under the car.

Cobain03 said:
hey guys
i noticed when running about 70 or so the front end feels floating like you are haveing fight it back and forth and when you go over a heel it go off to the side man a funning feeling when running 70 or so i did chang wheels i got a set of mag 500 ( 14 in ) i used my old tires for now maybe thats the trouble wrong tires on these wheels i don't know i think it all started when i put the wheels on it always did hill thing
any ideas????

My car did the same thing at speed. I replaced the front coils with 1" drop 620# and it helped a lot.

I agree with the above comments.... get the front lowering springs and ditch the power steering, if you can drive without it. My '66 is pretty stable to 120, but is downright scary at 135.... which is where my '03 Mach just starts coming alive....

SHOCKS! My shocks were worn and it felt like a boat on a river. New shocks, (cheap ones), from Autozone completely cured the problem. This is not to say your tires are not to small for your rims or you may have other suspension problems but that would be my first guess.
I don't remember punctuation and spelling being in the requirements for posting but maybe we should look at that. :lol: JK GaPony farm.