fluidine radiator problems, anyone else?

the fluidine in my 95 auto, has started leaking where the cores enter the tanks on both sides after only two years. the fludines are fully welded instead of epoxy too. i called them and even drove down to see if they could make it right but the best i got was 100$ off on a new one. they said the mustangs were very common to fail in this way, but they went on to say that mustangs were their number on seller. Sounds like their number one seller is the most common to fail ? :notnice: I'm not sure what to think. One guy told me it was b/c the cars flex to much and another guy told me it was corosion issues. I flush the system at least once a year and i know its clean, also had it grounded to help w/ electronegitivity (sp). i will put sub-connectors in this time around. i just havent got around to it yet, but i guess its high time. - justin

• Sponsors (?)

Never had a problem with one yet. Been through three, about to pick up number 4. All in different stangs of course.

I could see if they sell more of these, then there are more out there to fail. It's all about the percentages. More product sold = more can fail.

Never though about the twisting though. These cars twist quite a bit. I have always had sfcs on my stangs though. Always first on my list along with control arms. Hope you have better luck after the new rad and sfc install.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what mix of water to coolant do you use, and where do you get your water?

I've had one for a few months. Your starting to scare me a little bit. If it breaks in two or three years, you can bet I will hunt down this thread to add my .02.

Keeping my fingers crossed and having fun with it for now.

Mine started leaking after about 2 months. Had to spend another fourty dollars on it getting it welded. I didn't have any trouble out of my first one. But I only had it about 10 months.