FMU

hey, just wonderin if anyone could tell me where the fmu is located. also, just wonderin if anyone knew what the little black box is in the pass side inner wheel well. every time i turn the key on, the thing is ticking like a S.O.B.

• Sponsors (?)

By "fmu", I assume you mean fuel management unit. Ford integrates this function into what they call the Powertrain Control Module ("PCM"), which is located behind the passenger side kick panel (also called "cowl panel"), just forward of the passenger door lower hinge.

Or it may be found on earlier return style fuel systems where an "air compressing device" (known as a supercharger) is found. It it used to raise the fuel pressure in predetermined ratios and can be adjusted (some models) to taylor to the engines needs via springs and "restrictor plates". Stock cars don't have an "FMU" persay, as fuel management is controlled by the computer as stated above. Have a nice day.

Well i just had the supercharger installed about a month ago, when the colder weather hit, the car wouldnt start right away. When i open the hood, turn the key forward, theres a sound almost like a relay clicking on and off, i took the pass side inner wheel well cover off, and theres a little black box thats making the noise....i got no idea what it is......