fog light bulbs

ok my question is can you not just change the bulb in the fog lights. i was wanting to put in some type of cyber white. (deer are bad around here, so i need a edge on them) my standard bulbs are working now so i did not want to run the risk of messing something up for nothing. it looks as if there is a clip at the top of the lens. any help on this will be appreciated. the ford place said you had to replace the whole light, but they love to sell stuff.

thanks guys

i did search but could not find an answer

• Sponsors (?)

There is a nut that holds the foglight assemby to the mount bracket. Remove the nut and the whole thing comes out. Then you can pry the clip up to remove the lens. It is much harder to re-install the lens with the foglight assembly mounted to the bracket. This will also allow you to aim the foglights to suit your taste.

Hey Shorty1993-

I've been running 100W bulbs (H6?) in my fog lights for about a year now with no problems. I of course did the power wire/relay upgrade so the fog lights work independently from the headlights. Don't know if its hurting anything being that the stock H3 bulbs are only 55W. If you run your fog lights consistently, I highly recommend the relay upgrade. I got the tech article off corral.net but don't have the link. Maybe someone can chime in.

Good luck-
Hawaii-50

Hawaii-50 said:
Hey Shorty1993-

I've been running 100W bulbs (H6?) in my fog lights for about a year now with no problems. I of course did the power wire/relay upgrade so the fog lights work independently from the headlights. Don't know if its hurting anything being that the stock H3 bulbs are only 55W. If you run your fog lights consistently, I highly recommend the relay upgrade. I got the tech article off corral.net but don't have the link. Maybe someone can chime in.

Good luck-
Hawaii-50

Righ on target :nice: you can do 100 watt bulbs, but I recommend that you re-run all the wire to the foglights and change it to 12 gauge. That way you don't overload the wiring with too much current for the stock 16 gauge wiring to carry.

A 100 watt bulb draws a little more than 8 amps, two of them would draw 16+ amps. The 16 gauge wiring is only good for 10-12 amps. You could do 14 gauge, but if you're going to run new power & ground from the foglight assemblies to the relay, you may as well use 12 gauge wire.

See http://www.corral.net/tech/maintenance/foglights.html for the foglight fix.