? for 99 Cobra Owners and others with an opinion

bit

Founding Member
Sep 27, 1999
Anderson, SC
How do you like the cars? What kind of numbers are the cars running stock? I remember when the car first came out the 260hp GTs were out running them. Did the recall fix all the problems? Are they good car out of the box or did Ford mess up? Also what gas mileage are you guys getting? I was looking for a 96-98 Cobra but I just found a deal on a 99 so I wanted to know what everyone thinks.
Thanks
Brent

• Sponsors (?)

99 cobras were fine my convertible was running consistant 13.8 in showroom stock. Didnt noice any difference after the "fix". I dont recall any stock gts running that quick without mods. The problem with 99 cobras is the wheel hop. Once you learn the IRS its a great car. And on a road course it will chew up gts and spit them out

I just picked up my 99 cobra on Friday. It has 30,000 miles and it is soooo sweet. Great gears, awesome power, and fun to rev up high. On top of it you get the bullet proof DOHC 32valve motor. Gas mileage is relative to the position of your right foot. The handling is wonderful too with the IRS. Mine gets so much better gas mileage than my 5.0 ever got. This car gets :nice: :nice: 2 thumbs up.

If I read your info right you are in the Seattle area. There is a SVT show at Bickford Ford on Sunday.. Bring out the new Cobra.. You can look in North West discussion for directions. I will be at the show with my 99 Cobra with 30,000 miles just like yours. Stop by and say hello
Scotty

WANNA_BE_GT said:
On top of it you get the bullet proof DOHC 32valve motor. QUOTE]

I wouldn't exactly call it bulletproof with the stock internals. The first case of detonation could be the last. If they were bulletproof ford wouldn't have needed to beef up the 03/04s with an iron block and forged everything.

i got a 99 cobra ,,i got longtubes no cats,stock type k/n filter .i got 289rwhp and tq is 298 but i want more
niceshot8bc.jpg

Attachments

• niceshot8bc.jpg
    niceshot8bc.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 61
Then go get one :p I've seen some for around 3.5-4k for a complete kit, but if you plan on keeping the car go KB :nice:

And I expect Wannabe to show up on Sunday. Or else.

Anyone have any ideas for distinguishing Stangnet members at the show?

/me stops hijacking topic away from "are 99 cobra's a good deal or not"

WANNA_BE_GT said:
I picked mine up on last Friday. Let the modding begin! 99Cobra_EG.JPG

I can't say I've ever seen a green '99 Cobra. I like that color. Almost always the green ones I see are 6 bangers, and once in a while a green GT. If this rain lts up and it does'nt rain tomorrow, me and afew others are heading up to be in that SVTOA show. Should be a good time if the weather cooperates.