For those computer nerds among us...

• Sponsors (?)

damn. its about time for an upgrade in my area!
i got a real high speed from the get-go but its starting to pale in comparison to some..it gets up to 8mbit sometimes but upload is capped at 384

Download Speed: 6214 kbps (776.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 360 kbps (45 KB/sec transfer rate)

Wow 22bit down! That's impressive. Mine is a crap-tastic 3.5dl/0.3ul... Especially when I'm paying for 5mbit down/384kbit up. :nonono: I used to have a business line 12dl/5ul, oh how I miss thee.

I'm thinking about upgraded too the 8mbit residential package they have available now, but its either that or get my car running ;)

Download Speed: 676 kbps (84.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 248 kbps (31 KB/sec transfer rate)

They "upped" my bandwidth too. It was at 1.5 Mbps now it's at 3. I can't wait to get the 1.5 much less the 3.

actually they didnt up the bandwidth perse.. they are now using this "boost" thing where the first couple packets are sent really ****ing fast lol and then it slows down over time. the packets that speakeasy sends to do the speed test are boosted. btw i live in west ky and i can get that much down no problem.. but during peak hours it drops to almost dial up speeds and comcast wont do anything about it because they smoke **** :)