For those of you who have the SCT with custom tune..

Maija1

Nov 11, 2005
I have a question. I recently received my SCTX2 from Alternative Auto programmed with an 89 Octane tune. The only mods that I've done to my car are: 3.73s, Trac-Loc, K&N CAI, and Magnaflow Duals. While my car feels significantly faster than it was when it was stock, I think that I might need to make some more adjustments to my tune. So my question is, did you guys simply load the "custom" tune into you car and leave it at that, or did make more adjustments in the Options menu on the SCT? I still have some throttle lag and my car basically shifts into 3rd gear quickly and stays there. It just seems like the gains that you guys are getting, I'm simply not seeing.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont have an automatic transmission, so i cant shed light on ur shifting problem. Only changes i made to my boxed tune was speed/rpm limiters, made the fans come on at a lower temp, and added 2% fuel at WOT (i got an intake)

I got mine from BamaChips and didn't have to do anything. He adjusted for my mods and made the shifts harder. I did ask him to make my car downshift quicker at light throttle and he did that for me for free.

I got mine from BrenSpeed and his tunes are for 87 91 and 93 octane. I have a K&N CAI and flowmaster true duals... sounds awesome and at WOT feels like I'm being catapulted off a carrier in an FA-18 Hornet...:nice: :nice: :nice: Also I have a manual trans...

When I loaded the tune for 87, I changed idle speed and a couple of other minor things... now I loaded the 93 and did not change a thing... it scoots!