Ford part # 6C34-9350-AA

• Sponsors (?)

Lets see if anybody comes up with anything else. My local dealer told me something about it and I am wanting to verify it. Fuel pump is correct, but I want to know what its for and what it is supposed to flow. Focus would surprise me.

Per Randy, a few years ago:

"one thing you need to watch-out for is there are 5 Different Focus fuel pumps but ONLY 1 is the SVT Focus pump, so before you have it installed, make sure you got the right-one....Ford part # 3S4Z-9H307-BC, anything else is just wrong"

I don't know about part #6C34-9350-AA, but I believe if you're looking for a SVT Focus fuel pump, you'll need part #3S4Z-9H307-BC.

i googled it, came up as a focus fuel pump. ??

I think I am seeing the thread you saw in MPH forum when you Googled it. To me it looks like the guy is asking if it is a Focus pump.

This is what I know. I bought the 255lph VORTECH intank pump for 98 - 04 Mustangs from Summit Racing part # VOR-8F001-265. When it came, it had the factory FORD part number on it with date of manufacture and all stamped right on it (the part number noted above). I asked my local dealer to run the part number, and he said after a while of looking that it appeared to be a fuel pump for a Super Duty truck.

I feel really good about the fact that it is a factory Ford part, just am curious about the flow and exactly WHAT it was supposed to be for according to Ford.

Looks like I found my answer. This thread in Mustang Forums talks about this pump. Looks like engineering may have changed the number, or this number is for the pump only, and the other number for the SVT Focus pump is for the entire canister assembly. Whatever the deal, it appears to be a 255lph SVT Focus pump, packaged as a Vortech pump. And for that they stuck me for roughly $100. I could have just bought the ford part.......very deceptive business practise in my humble opinion selling the ford part as a Vortech.:nonono:

Did I get the correct pump? - MustangForums.com

The original part number you posted sounds more like a ford engineering number than an actual ford part number to me. If it came of the part itself then it is def an engineering number. 9H307 is the basic for a fuel pump / sending unit. Anyway you can send the vortech back and find a ford dealer that sells 10% over cost or buddy up with one of the guys @ your local dealership and get it for their cost (10% over also) ?

dude I had the exact same problem with the exact same pump. some fool pawned it off on me and I couldn't figure out what the deal was.

Forget the focus pump, the GT pump is so easy to install it's not funny.

So what are the options for fueling in our Mustangs...?

I keep reading about the GT500 twin pack fuel pumps ($700), Ford GT, 255lph, etc...

What pump should you get for what application/HP?
And what pump is a bolt on affair?
What pump do we have stock; 190lph? Will a 255lph be sufficient?
What does the GT500 twin pump unit flow?

I could keep going... lol

Thanks for the replies guys. The thread I found in Mustang Forums I think pretty much nailed what is going on. If you order the Focus pump part number, 3S4Z-9H307-BC (I think that's it), you get the entire assy (including the Focus plastic bucket). When you open it us to get the pump out to use in your Mustang bucket, you will see that this engineering number, 6C34-9350-AA is on the pump's metal case. So, this is in fact the 255lph Focus Pump, and is also packaged by VORTECH as the VOR-8F001-265 , 255lph intank pump for 98-04 Mustangs (at $100 more than Ford).

What I am trying to figure out now is with my measly 325 rwhp, should I modify my bucket by drilling 3 or 4 holes in it as suggested in other threads by guys putting out much more horsepower, or should I be okay like it is.

complete answer to what you need (late)

hey man i recently installed my supercharger and got it tuned and found out that my pump leans out around 5,000 rpm's. i did some research and this part # 3S4Z-9H307-BC...that part number is the entire bucket for the ford focus svt only, although the pump does fit a 98-04 mustang gt v6 billitt mach 1 or cobra. this #: 6c34-9350-aa, is the actual motocraft part number. google that number to get a confirmed answer for yourself... just wanted to let you know, even if it is a bit to late...