ford should show pics

2005muzzy

May 6, 2004
ok we are all set.We have all the info we need(except pricing) and we are gonna buy the 2005 mustang.
Since this is a whole new car and different colors look better on different year mustangs.Ford instead of offering the interactive body color changes on the web site,should post a gallary of actual production pics of the cars in all the avalible colors.If your like me I wonder what color will look the best .Some of us are confused on the mineral grey.Not sue of the yellow and so on. It's almost August and ford should be updating the web site soon.We should all be getting the actual mustang brochure in the mail and before we know it the cars will be hitting the lots.It would be great if ford helped us out a little soon so the undecided can make their color choice and pre-order now.Yeah I know -There are a lot of pics with the different colors but professional shots on the web so we can make side by side comparisons would be cool

• Sponsors (?)

Not a bad idea!

manicmustangman said:
What they should do, in my opinion, is release 1:18 scale dicast models of the car in different colors. They would make money off the sale of the models and we can compare them (even if it is just in the store) side by side.
Ford should do something!! Example -- the 89 mustang gt didn't look all that great in black but the next 2 generation looked great in black. Different curves and line on cars look better in diferent colors. That is the problem some of us have with the new car. It's frustrating not being able to do a detail comparison with all the colors.I'm sure Ford has at least one mustang in a different color sittin in the plant now. Come on ford put down the back drop, get the camera rollin and update the site. Lets see all the different colors on the car with different angles and comparisons.

2005muzzy said:
ok we are all set.We have all the info we need(except pricing) and we are gonna buy the 2005 mustang.
Since this is a whole new car and different colors look better on different year mustangs.Ford instead of offering the interactive body color changes on the web site,should post a gallary of actual production pics of the cars in all the avalible colors.If your like me I wonder what color will look the best .Some of us are confused on the mineral grey.Not sue of the yellow and so on. It's almost August and ford should be updating the web site soon.We should all be getting the actual mustang brochure in the mail and before we know it the cars will be hitting the lots.It would be great if ford helped us out a little soon so the undecided can make their color choice and pre-order now.Yeah I know -There are a lot of pics with the different colors but professional shots on the web so we can make side by side comparisons would be cool

I'm thinking patience is not your strong suit. :lol: :rlaugh: I agree they should update the site. But I have seen enough of the colors from other people taking pics. To know what color I want.

You have said that before to me!!

SVTdriver said:
I'm thinking patience is not your strong suit. :lol: :rlaugh: I agree they should update the site. But I have seen enough of the colors from other people taking pics. To know what color I want.

You are right my friend!! Summers are short in Albany, New York There will not be much time to drive my new mustang before putting it away for the winter :( :( :( :bang: :bang: :damnit: :damnit: :fuss: :fuss: :doh:

2005muzzy said:
You are right my friend!! Summers are short in Albany, New York There will not be much time to drive my new mustang before putting it away for the winter :( :( :( :bang: :bang: :damnit: :damnit: :fuss: :fuss: :doh:

Ok I'll bite. How is having pictures of the car going to help you drive it during a short summer? I drive my cobra all year long. So I'l have plenty of time to play.

My point was

SVTdriver said:
Ok I'll bite. How is having pictures of the car going to help you drive it during a short summer? I drive my cobra all year long. So I'l have plenty of time to play.
my point was that it would be nice to have some better tools to decide on a color.I don't want to have to wait to order after cars are already on the lot. That will be more time lost due to the high demand of this great car. The higher on the list the faster you get your car.sorry for the confusion.
Question? you say that you drive your cobra all year long. I have a cobra also and is not good in the snow we get here. Do you live where it snows like crazy from Nov to April?If you do . Your a brave man. If the snow won't get ya the salt will !!

No we don't have snow for that long. It's actually been fairly dry. But I do drive it in the snow. I just go a lot slower. We also don't get salt. We get gravel. Which is why my front end looks kind polka-dot up close.

lol

SVTdriver said:
No we don't have snow for that long. It's actually been fairly dry. But I do drive it in the snow. I just go a lot slower. We also don't get salt. We get gravel. Which is why my front end looks kind polka-dot up close.
lol polka dot! thats gotta suck with gravel kickin up on your paint. I think sometimes they use too much salt up here . After the first two snows the roads look white from the salt and ya can't shake the stuff.It stays on the road causing your car to attract salt even when no salt has been put down for a while.I'll drive my car as long as I can .Then its time to whip out the 87 chevy suburban.The flogging thing is a tank. its not pretty. My girlfriend won't drive in the thing during daylight hours unless there is 3 feet of snow on the ground.At that time the 87 is the prettiest thing on the road :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :banana:

2005muzzy said:
It will be Latham Ford. My friend is the sales manager there.Are you buying the new mustang??

Latham Ford?..trying to picture the map. I am familiar with Metro and Orange Ford. Is Latham Ford somewhere on Troy_schenectady/Rt9/Rt7??

Absolutely! I am coming back to the 'stang circuit with the new Mustang. But I am going to wait until 2006/07. Hoping Ford will issue a special convertible model between the GT and SVT. A Shelby GT350 convertible would be sweet! I don't want the super charger but want a little more muscle than the GT and dropped another inch. I gather you are all set to go with 2005 :D

Hey

appaloosa said:
Latham Ford?..trying to picture the map. I am familiar with Metro and Orange Ford. Is Latham Ford somewhere on Troy_schenectady/Rt9/Rt7??

Absolutely! I am coming back to the 'stang circuit with the new Mustang. But I am going to wait until 2006/07. Hoping Ford will issue a special convertible model between the GT and SVT. A Shelby GT350 convertible would be sweet! I don't want the super charger but want a little more muscle than the GT and dropped another inch. I gather you are all set to go with 2005 :D
Latham Ford on the columbia ext off rt 9 next to abc gym and the star light music theatre. I'm sure ford is putting out an up graded gt.Yup Im getting the new gt but only plan on keeping it until the svt comes out. The mach or shelby that coming out should be something to look at also since I imagine the Svt will have a healthy sticker price and the A-plan is not offered on svt,Which puts a question in my head. Is the A-plaqn offered on the mach 1 mustangs????

Think I have a pretty good idea which dealer that is. Passed by there several times. Someone here, from older thread, pointed out that Ford will no longer make another Mach I after 2004. So that leaves the GT, SVT and Shelby to consider. And perhaps another one or two models like the Boss or Bullit? I would think the trade-in incentive contract would only be offered for currently existing models which will carry over to 2007. But you can't go wrong with any of them. Even the current GT is sensational! I just don't want to spend away on the first option yet. But I am really tempted...takes a lot of self control!! :D

2005muzzy said:
Latham Ford on the columbia ext off rt 9 next to abc gym and the star light music theatre. I'm sure ford is putting out an up graded gt.Yup Im getting the new gt but only plan on keeping it until the svt comes out. The mach or shelby that coming out should be something to look at also since I imagine the Svt will have a healthy sticker price and the A-plan is not offered on svt,Which puts a question in my head. Is the A-plaqn offered on the mach 1 mustangs????