Ford Software For The Power Pack 2 Kit Question

NJBob

Dec 18, 2014
NJ
I just received my Power Pack 2 kit for my 2015 GT and will be having a local guy I trust do the parts install. My question is about the software I downloaded to my laptop. When I open it, all the data is blank, seems there is no tune showing or file showing. I called Ford and the guy said it wont show until the unit is plugged in to the car. Has anyone installed it themselves and is that the case.

Just want to make sure, before I get the CAI and throttle body installed and then I don't have the actual tune in the ford software.

Thanks
Bob

• Sponsors (?)

Its not that I don't trust him, just want to be 100% sure. When I used my SCT Tuner and ordered a tune, I received an actual file that sits on my laptop that gets loaded through their tool.

I was expecting the same type of set-up for the Procal tool, it gets set up on the laptop and a tune file is listed. I just wanted to see if anyone had done it themselves and not had the dealer do it.

because he told me not to plug it in until the new throttle body and CAI was installed. Did you do this already? Are you willing to help me if my system locks up?

They don't want the tune loaded into the car until all of the parts are on because it will not run, or run poorly. Nothing wrong with plugging in the tool and seeing what is going to be loaded. If you don't load the tune, how can anything go wrong? And if you think it will lock your system up by just plugging in and looking at it, you need to back away, sell the car, and buy a bicycle. Seriously. Now I know why they put warning labels on everything. Sheesh.