forging engine...

NightLife

Sep 11, 2003
Tampa, FL
just throwing out some ideas... for a supercharger down the road...

whats some good built shortblocks?

also what else would i need to bullet proof for adding a 9psi KB s/c?

crankshaft? rods? pistons?

i want a strong engine that will last along time at about 450-500hp...

• Sponsors (?)

in addition to the previously mentioned, Houston performance, Keith Craft. there is a Group Purchase of Keith Craft shortblocks over at the Corral right now. but just as a warning, i had some bad customer service from them.

VT engine 4.6-5.0GT forged stroker kit for $4495

or the T & J

Street/strip engine

Our GT shortblocks are built using all Manley parts.Manley pistons,rods,rod bearing and crank bearings.New forged Cobra Crank and New GT block. The piston/rod combo is the same setup we use in our 700rwhp 2valve. Shipping is not included in the price.2-3 week turnaround on this engine combo.We can do N/A or set it up for a power adder. Add VT Billet oil pump gears and a new cobra pump for $365.We highly recommend adding the gears to your engine combo. Add CP pistons for $225

Price: $3,000.00

can you get the above stroked to 5.0?

also how much HP can the VT take? seems the VT is perfect for what im looking for.

NightLife said:
also how much HP can the VT take? seems the VT is perfect for what im looking for.

Strokers are nice, but if you are only looking for 500 rwhp with a blower, you really don't need a stroker. Again, do as you want to, but just tellling you it's not necessary. My engine was completed just a few short weeks before the stroker kits were available, but I'm not worried about it what so ever. I have the same Manley combo built by T&J Performance that is referred to on the website, along with a few additional items that will get us to 600+ rwhp.

But with that said, if you do decide on a stroker kit, go with VT.