Fox vs. GTO?

• Sponsors (?)

I raced one when I was bone stock motor with 4.10s and nittos, I believe it was the 5.7 well anyways he killed me from a roll, put about 2 cars on me pretty quickly, but then we raced from a dig and I put 2 on him out of the hole and by the time he was at my back bumper I was at the top of 4th gear. Traction does wonders when you race people....

I kinda messed around with a bone stock '06 6.0 400hp GTO. He was in front of me and stood on it in 1st, so i was a little late on the hit, but he didn't pull on me nearly as much as I thought he would. It was only a couple cars 1st-4th gear. My mods are in sig. They are pretty damn heavy. I think a 300rwhp fox would put a hurtin on a stock 400 horse gto.

Interesting. I have a 93 lx with tfs H/C/I+ plus all supporting mods, tko 600, 373 gears. I will let you guys know when I run into one. Ill make sure to get one from a dig. Traction might kill me though.

a local 19 year old kid has a 6.0L GTO, he bragged about his "400hp corvette motor" yet all he can muster at the track is a 13.8 which is the same time his old SRT-4 did. I tried to explain to him what IRS is and how it holds him back but he's an idiot...

I was reading one gto messageboard, and they were saying it was so expensive for mods. 1000.00 for lt's installed? Wow! A thousand bux for a fox would do wonders.

from what i remember in magazines stock ls2 gtos only did around 12.9 at best in the 1/4 because they are so god damn heavy. And from what i remember reading to the automatic is a bit better then a stock 6spd, since the shifter was such crap since it took much effort to shift into any gear and the pedals where so badly placed even a simple heel-toe downshift was next to impossible unless you have a size 14!