Front Spindle Gasket

88ponyGTconv

Jul 2, 2017
Decatur, AL
I am looking for a seal/ gasket for the front spindle/ knuckle component. It’s the first thing that goes over the spindle and sits between the steering kuckle and the rotor shield. Ford dealer says part is discontinued. Can’t find at parts store. It’s made out of a very light foam. I can just cut some, if someone could give me some guidance on what to use.

Thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think its absolutely necessary, but you can probably cut some from this sort of material.

https://www.foambymail.com/CR0-125LF/1-8-inch-charcoal-regular-foam.html

I think it's purpose is to prevent the dust shield from corroding into the spindle, so I'd probably just apply a thin coat of anti-seize and call it a day.

Of course, it's been many years since I had stock fox spindles on my car, so I could be wrong.

Here's the mirror gaskets I made with this material. It was thinner than needed so I just double layered it, the adhesive is really good. I've since used it for a few other similar purposes. Its super cheap too at only about a buck a sheet.
2017-09-26 14.12.46_resize.jpg
2017-09-26 14.13.00_resize.jpg

Here's the mirror gaskets I made with this material. It was thinner than needed so I just double layered it, the adhesive is really good. I've since used it for a few other similar purposes. Its super cheap too at only about a buck a sheet.
2017-09-26 14.12.46_resize.jpg
2017-09-26 14.13.00_resize.jpg

How thick is that sheet? That might be a good idea for helping with the wind noise coming from the mirrors on my '95.