FRPP 70mm TB?

• Sponsors (?)

Generally just a TB or just a plenum wont do anything. Either one is the bottleneck when it comes to upgrading if you dont do it together.

I reccomend getting a Trick Flow intake plenum from Summit Racing. Right under $100.

Dont expect a huge gain though.

I went the same route, tried the frpp 70mm TB with the stock plenum first and was
not impressed, so I added a C&L plenum, K&N filter with the rubber silencer
removed, that made a difference, not much, but its better for sure.

Yeah, I knew it wasnt going to do much by itself, im going to get a plenum later on, but I mean I did feel something which was a little less throttle response may seem odd but that is what I felt...(seems like the stock one pulled better :shrug: was wondering if anyone has felt the same before?
I will be getting some kind of plenum, new sct livewire once it comes out, and some kind of x pipe soon, once I come up with the funds to do so... Thx guys for the details

I dont think you're really gonna feel anything unless you do the plennum/tb/intake or K&N all at the same time. Then that would be noticeable. The loss in throttle response is to be expected because you slow the velocity of the air down.

Yeah well I already have a Mac fenderwell intake on which helped a little, but once I put the tb on it felt a little more sluggish. I put the stock one back on for now, which feels a little more responsive....until I get a plenum. Thx for the help

Go with accufab. I had a 70mm FRPP TB and wasn't impressed. I recently upgraded to an accufab 70mm TB and plenum and I'm much happier. They are a little more expensive but in all the head to head comparisons they perform the best. I think I've learned this the hard way after buying some parts multiple times, "Don't go cheap, it ends up costing you more in the long run."